MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/07/2012 09:52 AM

zephry1967
zephry1967  

I am new to this site. I have schizoaaffective, but my vioces and delusion have been treatment resist. The pdoc is going to start me on clozapine. I was wondering if anyone is on or ever been on this med and what you thought of it. I going to give it a try because pdoc says it will work.

zep

05/07/2012 10:09 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have never taken the medication before, but wanted to welcome you to the group. I'm sorry that delusions and voices aren't going away. I hope this medication will work for you to help this. It's worth a shot anyway. I hope things look up for you and hopefully someone comes along that has taken this medication. Welcome to the group!

05/08/2012 06:19 PM
barelymanic
barelymanic  
VIP Member

Doctors should not tell you that a certain prescription or treatment will work. I hate when they do that. We are all different and one drug might work for more people than another. But there is no 100% guarantee that I know of.

I certainly do hope it works for you. I don't know what it is like to be schizo affective but I do know what it is like to be sick and tired and depression or whatever other thins we can suffer from.

Welcome to the group, hope you get some answers from others here.

05/13/2012 02:56 PM
MMollie
MMollie  
I'm an Advocate

I'm new to the group too!. I also have Schizoaffective Disorder. Mine seems pretty well taken care of. I have minimal symptoms.

Welcome to the group, perhaps we can learn things together!

05/15/2012 08:53 PM
LisaNatureGirl1963
LisaNatureGirl1963Posts: 8

Hi Zep,

my son is on Clozapine. There is no 100% guarantee that any medicine will work on any given person. The pdocs don't usually start their patients on this med because of the potential for dangerous side effects. Typically they prescribe Clozapine for treatment resistant cases.

Clozapine has worked very well for my son's symptoms, but there are medical risks that the docs will need to look out for. You'll have to go for weekly blood tests (eventually bi-weekly, then monthly) to make sure your white blood cell count stays healthy. Clozapine also makes my son very tired. It causes him to sleep 12 hours per night and sometimes take naps. But, the GOOD news for him is that when he's awake, he can think clearly and he is productive and happy.

I hope it works for you. good luck.

Lisa

05/16/2012 05:30 AM
zephry1967
zephry1967  

Thanks lisanatiregirl, mine ie treatment resist that is why what to give it a try. I hope I have success on it. I signed all consent paper work yesterday. start in a week. Thanks to all of yall for your responses.

Zep

05/17/2012 10:56 AM
barelymanic
barelymanic  
VIP Member

best of luck to you and hope you find the solace and relief you so desire.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved