MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/09/2010 04:36 PM

difference between racing thoughts and voices?

TenaceFemme
TenaceFemme  

Whats the difference between racing toughts and voices and if you can hear your own thoughts what does that mean.

02/10/2010 10:57 PM
Capacity

TenaceFemme,

I think everyone "hears" their thoughts in a way. In schizophrenia, the part of the brain that causes auditory hallucinations is the same part that generates verbal thoughts. Hallucinations are basically your own thoughts, but you're perceiving them as actual voices.

The difference is that you know racing thoughts are thoughts. With hallucinations, you think they're something else.

02/11/2010 02:50 PM
Mollyxyz
Mollyxyz  

Hi Capacity!

I´m sorry, but it seems as if you don´t hear voices! You write, what some scientists think to have found out, but I don´t belive this is true. If you hear voices you want to answer them at once. For this, your brain will react in the part where words are produced not because you produce the voices on your own.

Usually people think without talking their toughts loudly inside. Thoughts flow through you without words. Only if you talk to others inside, you sometimes are aware of the words you think, but they never are as loud as you hear the voices.

If you hear voices they sometimes may talk out your own thoughts loudly, but often they talk in their own words, you never would use yourself. They have special methapors you never used and they usually talk about things that are very unpleasant to you because you want to repress it. They may make you done in by this until you change your live to get rid of this problem. Often people cannot change their lives and so voices torture them all the way.

For anyone that doesn´t hear them, they are hallucinations but I know, they are intelligent on their own. Even if they only are personalities that are split off from myself, which I cannot believe actually, they are different from me.

You may say that is the reason for what they are called hallucinations, but hallucinations, they are called by those that don´t hear them or only did hear them for a very short period of time.

Molly

Post edited by: Mollyxyz, at: 02/11/2010 02:51 PM

Post edited by: Mollyxyz, at: 02/11/2010 02:52 PM

02/11/2010 03:26 PM
Capacity

Mollyxyz,

I'm sorry, but I do! You seem to be generalizing the experience of hallucinations. Everyone experiences them differently, and yes, they are coming from inside your head. From which part of the brain isn't particularly relevant so long as you realize they are in your head.

Yes, I call hearing things that aren't there "hallucinations". What do you call them?

02/14/2010 01:49 AM
Mollyxyz
Mollyxyz  

Hi Capacity!

I´m in net-fori for over 10 years now and I read a lot of threads of others with this problem. Lots of them sounded very similar, so the explanation for the voices variated.

I call them "other beeings talking to me or about me" (I cannot say what they are. They don´t tell it to me and if so, they could lie to me) and I hear them less or more for more than 18 years now. At the moment I use 800 mg Amisulprid, which is an average dose and I only hear them very low for this. But because of the long time of experiences with them I can say that they have their own intelligence. If it would just be an imbalance if neurotransmitters their speech never would be so clear and understandable. By useing meds, they should talk messed up if it would be because of the brain chemistry but they only sound lower. Meds work, but only because they suppress our capability to hear them, not because they are produced in our brain.

Yours,

Molly

02/15/2010 01:25 PM
Capacity

Mollyxyz,

I think you're still delusional.

02/15/2010 02:07 PM
Mollyxyz
Mollyxyz  

Perhaps you´re right, but noone here among all the people that are with me are calling me delusional. On the contrary! They say I´m very reliable and trustworthy.

I have just integrated my voices, of which I probably never can get ridd completely, into my life by finding an explanation for them that is believable to me. I never can believe what scientists and doctors tell about. They are just too real. But this makes my life not less normal. I put those voices into a place where they belong, which means inside of me. There is no correlation to my real life, even if they want to get influence on it and everyone is astonished if I sometimes tell them about what those voices just said.

But most of the time I can bridle them by dropping in my meds.

04/10/2010 06:05 PM
mem8850

Hi.....i just read this thread....and it seems like the difference between hearing voices and a racing ming.......indicate two DX's....the racing thoughts are a symptom of certain mainias....and the hallucinating is a symptom of schiizophrenia....where delusional thoughts and voices are prevalent....if i were to guess....you have schizophrenia complimented my mania.....If you wish to discuss this in private....PM ME....we can talk in private.

God Bless and Be Well..............R

04/11/2010 11:33 AM
scotty1979

I have racing, incomplete thoughts that make it hard to concentrate. These are about things I've been through that were negative. I also hear voices when I am noton my medicine. Sometimes they happen at the same time. It is very difficult to pay attention to anything when these interfere constantly in my life. Sick

04/12/2010 11:28 AM
blond2much
blond2much  

I mostly hear weird sounds that are a mixture between animal and something else. Sometimes I hear voices but its usually one word phrases. I also have racing thoughts, but the two are different for me and I can tell them apart. The voices seem so real to me and the thoughts I know are coming from my brain. But I can see how it can be confusing for sure.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved