MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/29/2011 08:30 AM

medication cost

NicoleLynn
NicoleLynn  

So, I am down to 1/2 a clozaril to last me until I get paid in 19 days and there are no programs out there to help with co-pays for mental health medications. I thought I would be able to afford the clozaril, but with the co-pay each week it is more than if the pdoc ad put me on one of the newer meds like geodon or zyprexa. I am hoping that since I have been rationing my meds that I will not go through any sort of withdrawls and that I can manage my symptoms for the next 3 weeks without ending up in the hospital.

07/30/2011 12:55 PM
Wyndrake
Wyndrake  
Group Leader

I don't know what kind of programs there are in your state, but I also have Medicare and I qualified for "extra help" (it's called simply that). It covers about $100 a month that my insurance doesn't. I have a supplemental insurance plan in addition to Medicare that covers most of my medication cost. My copays are $6.30 for non-generic (like Seroquel) and $2.50 for generic. I don't understand why you have to pay so much Sad

Maybe you could change your supplemental insurance to something else, if you sign up for mymedicare.gov you can compare insurance and see exactly what you will have to pay for your prescriptions, and even how much it costs out of pocket. I plan to change my supplemental from Univera to Independent Health because there is no premium and the co-pays for doctor visits are half of what I pay now. I hope you can find a way to get more coverage for your meds!

07/30/2011 01:10 PM
W1971
W1971Posts: 36

Astrazenica can help with costs of meds. You should call and talk to them. When my mom was my payee she called and talked to them. I'm my own payee now,but do not know the number as it has already been handled for me at this point. Hope this helps.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved