MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/20/2013 09:23 AM

Not sure what to do.

Charlie2010

So I've been diagnosed with scoliosis and scheuermanns kyphosis, they told me I'm borderline for surgery but I don't know what to do if they say I can have surgery.. I feel stuck because I know surgery will be the best option but I don't want to loose what I enjoy doing now, I struggle now taking my dog agility training but with it using your shoulders I'm worried I wouldn't be able to do if I had surgery which I love doing so it would be extremely hard to stop, I also horse ride I know you can ride after surgery I'm just worried that it would be different. It's hard enough having to watch a member of my family have the surgery and to see the improvement in their spine is amazing but I just don't know what to do. Any advice would be apprichiated !

10/22/2013 03:58 AM
Kitcat755
Kitcat755  

Hi charlie2010! I am so sorry to hear that struggling to make a decision over your future but you must think of what's going to happen longterm and also your future. I know from personal experience that the decision for surgery is a hard one to make but I haven't regretted it yet! I am 11weeks post op and although the stay in hospital was hard just seeing my back now and the X-rays make It all worth while.

Maybe talk to the family member who recently had the surgery? I hope you have a really supportive family as I know it helped, and for me my sister was amazing support and help.

The jurney through scoliosis and kyphosis is not easy but I know you will make the right choice, I'm always here if you want to talk or if you want anymore advice or support.

I hope this helps kitcat. Xxxxxx

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved