MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/21/2012 03:24 PM

First day back at work

emilycarol33
emilycarol33  

Today was my first day back at work - I've been out for about 6 weeks since this nightmare started. It was really nice to be back, but difficult too. First of all, I didn't know what to wear - the feeling of material against my legs is at times unbearable, but my legs are so ugly right now that I'm embarrassed to wear a skirt. I'm only 29 years old, and I'm an active and fit person. My legs look like they belong to someone else. Also, it's tough to describe to others what is going on, especially because most people aren't familiar with rsd/crps.

It did create a feeling that I'm returning to normal life, and the distraction was good. I guess above all I am thankful that I do have a job and am able to work some hours. The fact that I work on a busy hospital unit also is a good reminder that some people are much worse off than I am, so that is humbling too. Smile

05/23/2012 05:40 AM
MGJ
MGJPosts: 137

I hope your work is not too difficult for you. Good for you!

05/24/2012 07:11 AM
pjs
pjs  

I also work and it is difficult but good for you. It will be difficult at times especially when you are hurting.

I would like to suggest IFML. It is basically family leave act but intermittenant. You check with you HR dept and have your doc fill out paperwork.

What it does it protects you from you manager saying you are taking too much time off. I work hard not to take too much time off but there are time I am so thankful and again the manager can not count it against you.

I am not sure how your company would work BUT for mine of course if I wanted to take it off without pay I could but if I have pto (paid time off) I still fill our a form like i was out.

Working if very tiring and exhausting because you are going to have more stresses. But when I start to feel like I am getting too stressed I go ahead and take a day off instead of calling in.

Companies might be different so you just need to talk with your HR dept and see how it works there.

But I am thanksful for it. I am allowed 1-2 day per month for this ugly monster. Just last month I went ahead a took 1 full week of vacation and you know it was very interesting my pain levels were very low.

So working you will just have to see how it works for you. I do know that the day is coming when I am going to have to stop working but for now I still deal with it. Like you I do like getting out and solving problems and so.

Good Luck to you...

05/27/2012 05:59 PM
emilycarol33
emilycarol33  

Thanks for the advice. Smile

06/08/2012 08:31 AM
pjs
pjs  

I wanted to tell you I have had a very very rough week. I was in so much pain sunday all day then the evening it got even worse.

I never think about going to the ER but this time I did: i worried about driving myself, i worred about the $$ it would cost to call an ambulance.

but anyway I was eventually able to relax and get some sleep. The reason I am telling you all of this is that episoide so totally drained and exhausted any energy that I had.

I called into my work and used 2 days of the IFML (Intermittant family leave act) and one day I took just as a regulard vaca day.

lucily i was able to work from home on thursday, and here at the office today. You may not think you can use the IFML but it can come in very very handy.

how are you doing with your working??

peggy

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved