MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/04/2011 04:35 AM

Hobbies

Paul24

Like most of us, I can no longer do the things I used to. Although I still try, and it just takes longer, but we get there in the end with Perseverance's.

After being Diagnosed with RSD in 1997. I found it hard to come to terms with not being able to do the things I once could so easily.

To take my mind away from how I was feeling, I tried taking up different hobbies.

I have had so many. But I am now in to Photography, early days, … and still have lots to learn. But I find it helps to concentrate the mind.

I was just wondering what you, the other Members do if you have Hobbies. And if we could share, and maybe pass on some helpful Tips to each other.

I know some of you maybe will not have the Time.

Hoping Today, is Better Than Yesterday

03/04/2011 06:38 AM
Lookinglass

Paul ~ You said early days... Is that your interested in the early days of photograghy or your in the early days of your photography hobby? Just curious!

03/04/2011 06:55 AM
Paul24

Yes~Lisa

you could say I am in my early days of photograghy hobby. I have used many Cameras, but want more professional Skills?

03/04/2011 01:11 PM
Lazy1
Lazy1  

I love to garden. I have several small flowerbeds. I choose annual flowers and chage them every year. I do have a few perennials (that come back) too. I spend a lot of time during the spring and summer ... planting, pulling weeds, trimming, and just enjoying them. I take my time. If I'm unable to finish pulling weeds in one whole flowerbed in one day, I'll finish it the next day.

03/04/2011 02:42 PM
okieladybug09
okieladybug09Posts: 969

Sketching is my hobby! I love to draw in charcoal.. Its my favorite thing to do.. But Ive fallen away from it over the past few years since RSD entered my life.. I did go out and buy new coal and a new sketch pad last year and tried to start back up.. But with my hands swelling up all the time its just not the same.. I draw like a 1st grader now, lol.. Im really looking forward to this spring and going to the lake and drawing again.. I want to regain that passion I used to have for it..

Okie~Noodles

03/04/2011 03:34 PM
Swimmom82
Swimmom82  

My hobby is going to the gym to work out. I, like Paul, am in the early days of my hobby. I like to call this phase the planning period. So far, I just actually plan the times that would work for me to go. I plan what I will do when I get there, and also how I will transport my water. The next phase in the planning period is going to be finding a cute outfit to wear. After that, I must figure out how I am going to pay for it as the gym I chose to join is quite expensive. (all joking aside, right before my last surgery I did go to the gym to work out and found it relaxing, rewarding and entertaining... I just have not been able to get my pain levels down enough, plus I gained back the fifteen pounds I lost that month plus had a friend who lost ten, which I found.) Any way, I hope to move past the planning phase of my new hobby soon because if I gain any more weight, I will certainly have to add an antidepressant!

03/05/2011 05:16 AM
Paul24

Hi All

Looks like I have not found any Photographers yet? I was hoping I may try and get some New Tips!

Photograph of Black Swans I took in Dawlish in Devon UK

Post edited by: Paul24, at: 03/05/2011 05:19 AM

03/05/2011 05:34 AM
Paul24

Ahhhhhh

This is Layla just waking up

03/05/2011 10:30 AM
BobinmidMO
BobinmidMO  

I'm not sure if music is really a hobby of mine or if it'd be easier shutting down some anatomical function such as breathing. Always happiest at the piano I would include anything tech, home lifestyle or cooking oriented as being an enjoyment that's always awaiting my attention. My passions such as sailing, RV'ing and travel have gone pretty much away now that my mobility has diminished considerably, but gee those were some great years. Of course, I'm also happy that new limitations forced the opening of new windows I may never have taken seriously before now.

Years ago I purchased a 35mm Canon AE1 Programmable SLR but now that we've gone digital everything I haven't quite brought myself to the point where I'm willing to reinvest the necessary cash so I can once again enjoy this wonderful hobby. I'm always paying penance just for all the computer type equipment I can never quite get enough of. Photography is such a well rounded hobby since it makes us get out and really take in the world around us in all types of environments. When you add the natural beauty of the real world around us along with the added abilities of totally altering whatever picture you've taken with amazing computer programs, it's a brand new art form that's only now being what I'd say fully developed and explored.

I know the hobbies we indulge ourselves in really are a blessing many on this earth never get to make a part of their lives, so that alone makes me appreciate each and every little extra I partake in with greater passion and with a focus on excellence. Just the fact that we get to enjoy our hobbies is proof in how lucky we all are.

03/06/2011 11:08 AM
foot
foot  

i used to llooovveee to dance!!! but now since i can't i like to do anythingy like itlisting to music, whatching people dance ect.

i hopefully will be able to dance soon! Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved