MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/03/2011 11:57 AM

new to group

mollymae2002
mollymae2002  

Im new to this group. I just got diagnosied with rosaccea yesterday. Not quite sure what it is and stuff. What do i use to clean my face... and all

04/28/2012 08:49 AM
LIBBYZ
LIBBYZ  
Group Leader

Use very mild soap, or even lukewarm water. If you have acne there are presecriptions. What else do you want to know?

05/13/2013 07:32 AM
Ginab1983
Ginab1983  

Hey, I notice that this isn't a very active group, but I have had Rosacea since i was 7, although only officially diagnosed when i was 15.

I've had laser treatment to cauterize the blood vessels which helped some, but I am still finding new things that trigger is even at 30!

06/14/2013 10:24 PM
LIBBYZ
LIBBYZ  
Group Leader

Hi, welcome.I try to go on here every week or two. Can you tell me more about the laser treatments?

I think I did not have rosacea till in my 30's and was diagnosed in my mid-30s.

10/11/2013 03:06 PM
TerryJo

LIbby, Laser treatments work best when you have a lot of those spider veins, broken blood vessels. If you are considering laser treatments do homework first. There are a ton of those Spas and mini-medical Centers that may use ineffective Cosmetic Lasers instead of Medical Lasers. You want to make sure you have the Medical Laser. (I have gone through the laser thing as you might have guessed!) Ask to see other rosacea patient photos (before and after), not just those random photos, real patients. Don't do the coupon thing either, there is always a hitch and if you're like me, this rosacea thing is really affecting the quality of your life, so taking a chance isn't worth it. Also, make sure your cleanser and moisturizer are formulated specifically for rosacea sufferers. Make sure they do not contain alcohol, parabens, dyes or perfumes. Look for sweet almond oil in your moisturizer. Great for after laser.

Hope that helps somewhat!

Terry

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved