MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/16/2011 06:07 PM

Does Redbull trigger rosecea? Or any energy drinks

cuckoo
cuckooPosts: 108

I have been drinking redbull in large quantities and my face is super red. I wonder if there is a correlation

06/17/2011 07:58 AM
kristylr
kristylr  
I'm an Advocate

I've not heard any discussions about energy drinks and rosacea but it makes sense that it would. Most energy drinks are loaded with caffeine among other chemicals, those chemicals serve to ramp up the adrenal system and increase heart rate and blood pressure, all of those things can make rosacea worse. Caffeine in and of itself is a known trigger for most people with rosacea, especially in large amounts. If you're needing a bit of a boost of energy a much safer, healthier, and natural solution is to take a B vitamin supplement. You can get them over the counter at virtually any store, walmart, walgreens, grocery stores, all over the place. They work better than caffeine and don't come with the massive sugar highs or hard post energy crashes and best of all, they don't bother rosacea.

Just be aware, when you take extra b vitamin supplements they do tend to turn your urine a dark yellow, it's normal, but you still need to make sure you drink plenty of water...dehydration can actually serve as yet another trigger.

06/18/2011 11:26 PM
cuckoo

I stopped drinking redbull couple of days ago and I see an improvement with my face.

06/21/2011 10:08 AM
kristylr
kristylr  
I'm an Advocate

WONDERFUL!!! how are things going with the sunscreen and other products? I do hope you're feeling at least a little better and finding some relief from the frustration of it all

06/22/2011 04:37 PM
cuckoo

My face is doing better . Less red. Aveeno tinted moisturizer with spf works fine on my face . But I think I will relapse on redbull since it killed my appetite and I have put on weight since

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved