MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/11/2008 04:48 PM

Rituxin

teryvan03
teryvan03Posts: 10

Has anyone been placed on rituxin? I'm about to go for my first infusion and sure would like to hear from anyone who has any experience with this medication. Thanks!

12/14/2008 06:47 PM
monisedurr
monisedurr  

No, good luck I will be starting my first infusion in a couple of weeks. I have heard great things about this drug.

12/15/2008 11:33 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

I,too have heard great things about this drug. I have never taken it but have some friends who have and had good outcomes. Good luck.

12/22/2008 06:08 PM
teryvan03

I had my first infusion and all went well. No adverse side effects to report. I don't know if it is helping because I am still taking oral prednisone and that really relieves my symptoms. I will be done with this course of prednisone after the holidays and then I should have a better picture of the efficacy of this treatment. Keeping my fingers crossed.

12/22/2008 06:20 PM
gettingoldsucks
gettingoldsucks  

Wow, good luck to you Teryvan. I really hope it helps you.

12/23/2008 12:33 AM
monisedurr
monisedurr  

good luck! keep us posted

08/21/2009 05:03 PM
teryvan03

It's been awhile since I posted. I've been doing really well for the past 6 or 7 months. I feel better than I have in a long time and I credit the Rituxin. Seems to have worked for me. I hope anyone else considering it has the same positive results as I did.

08/21/2009 05:09 PM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Thats fabulous news!! I hope that your progress continues, and that you'll be an inspiration to others to try the medication. *****HUGS******

08/21/2009 06:12 PM
RJE

Yes we have had 10 Infusions total. We have been on about all of the Dmards. We had no trouble with the Rituxin at all until the last treatment and we had a severe reaction to the lungs. I shouldn't have taken the treatment at that time as I was just gettin over an infection of the lungs. I might add that I have severe Copd and it is kinda risky with any of the so called miracle meds. My lungs have cleard up to the point that they were before the treatment and I Will probably have another infusion in November if needed. At this time I am near pain free almost total remission. They will probably start you very slowly about 5 hours for the first go and watch very closely for any sighn of bad reaction and then speed it up as your body can take it. It takes two hours for my treatments. They might slow mine down again after the Bad Reaction. The Reaction did not start for about 36 to 48 hrs after the treatment. I wouldn't dread it, I would look forward to it. If there is anything that I can answer for you I will be happy to try.

RJESmile

08/21/2009 09:50 PM
monisedurr
monisedurr  

I have had 5 infusions since Jan 2009. I am doing so much better than last year this time. I have been able to completley stop prednisone. That alone is truly a blessing after taking it for 1 year and half non stop even through pregnancy. I have low energy most days and been experiencing pain in elbows and ankles and hands. I am still very thankful for Rituxin. Next infusion in Jan 2010. I wonder if he will give it sooner.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved