MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/29/2010 06:09 PM

Drinking may fight RA......

kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

So who knew that what I did in college was actually GOOD for me??? LaughingW00t lol

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/07/27/ drinking.rheumatoid.arthritis/index.html?hpt=Sbin

07/29/2010 06:36 PM
PauleR
PauleR  
Group Leader

Well, I'm ticked off that my wild college days did not help me be healthy. Oh wait, they said moderate drinking, right? That might explain things. lol

Now, I don't dare have a drink because I am on too many meds and the chance of a severe reaction is too high.

Dizzy

07/29/2010 06:39 PM
cella
cella  

Karen,

I chuckled when I read this because a while ago, I remember hurting one day and instead of taking pain meds, I had an alcoholic drink....that was in the evening after dinner and the next morning..it seemed to relieve some of my pain...of course I tried it a few more times to see if it really worked.....

At the time, I did not want to continue that because I was and still am on methotrexate....but, I remember telling my hubby that I thought the liquor helped my RA....funny huh?.....

07/30/2010 04:18 PM
Molly5
Molly5  

I chuckled too!!!!Laughing Laughing Laughing Of course you would have less pain......I already decided if I have to go off my meds....I'll just drink!W00t

07/31/2010 10:04 AM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Either that or the pain in your head from your hangover distracts you from your RA pain.. LOL Laughing

07/31/2010 04:25 PM
kym
kym  

Hubby made me a martini the other night when I was freaking out about my lungs. It relaxed me and helped me sleep. Actually it knocked me out bc I rarely drink. Tongue

I don't think we're supposed to drink alcohol with MTX, but I doubt a glass of wine or a shot of vodka now and then would make much of a difference.

07/31/2010 04:38 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

LOL, I wish I could give it a try but I have other medical issues too, so I just can't Sad

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved