MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/11/2012 06:37 AM

Better Days Ahead

bits
bits  
VIP Member

Will see uro in a few hours. I imagine central line will be next weapon against this hanging on UTI. I really wish I had let them do it weeks ago rather than do the lesser things.

By now I would be feeling fine. Oh well, live and learn. Problem is I continue to do such things. Maybe, this time it has sunk it to go ahead and do what needs to be done without waiting.

I slept all night. Not a good sign since I slept all day, too. Body is worn out. RAD is not too bad today so am glad for that.

The ride to doc's is not far and usually the wait is short. But, I will take pain meds 30 mins before leaving her. One of the all time worse triggers for me is to sit in a waiting room chair with feet on floor. After 10-15 mins flare attacks. The longer I sit like this the more intense it grows.

Last time I was at a doc's office (PCP) I had to go sit in truck because flare had grown to monsterous size. The doc sent Chuck out with a dose of liquid hydrocodone for me to take right then and take my pain meds once I got home.It was extreme.

Wish me luck, friends.

Hugs

04/11/2012 01:25 PM
PauleR
PauleR  
Group Leader

Good luck and prayers sent your way, Bits.

04/11/2012 02:43 PM
claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

your always in my prayers. I hope it went well

04/11/2012 02:45 PM
lakelady
lakelady  

Praying for you and hoping you start to feeling better soon.

04/11/2012 06:17 PM
JaynieBeth
JaynieBeth  

oh bits, sounds awful. I'll keep you in my prayers. The central line thing isn't quite as bad as it sounds. I had one for a UTI right before my second knee replacement. They gave me a little waist pack that had a portable IV pump and the med baggie in it, and a tube that ran under my clothes and up to my port. I went back to the hospital infusion clinic every day to have the baggie changed out.

Another time, I had a simple PICC line coming out of my arm rather than my neck. This was after spending 10 days in hospital due to post-surgical MRSA infections. I had a home health nurse come in twice a day and give me a big baggie of vancomycin twice a day. I did that for 12 freakin' weeks. Twice the left port clogged and three times the right one clogged, so I had to have the PICC line reinstalled twice. Not. Fun.

04/11/2012 06:26 PM
deb27

Good luck bits!!! I hope you are on your way to feeling better soon!

04/11/2012 06:55 PM
tonyaraz
tonyaraz  

I hope you are doing better. The central line thing sounds painful. You are so strong to have to go through that and everything else. You are always in my thoughts.

05/03/2012 10:33 PM
kym
kym  

Post edited by: kym, at: 05/03/2012 10:34 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved