MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/29/2012 08:06 PM

Hard Moments

bits
bits  
VIP Member

This afternoon, as the sun was setting, I made a few runs up/down our driveway and over some of the property in my golf cart.

Been a long time since I used it.

The ride was lovely. So much green, birds chirping, temp around 75*, wonderful spring smells, ...

I tried very hard to enjoy the moments. I just couldn't. Flare is building and level was too high to ignore...even for mere moments.

With each deep breath I took I felt weak, sick...

I tried to talk to myself, encourage self, but...I couldn't hear.

I bowed my head to pray, but...all I could do was bow my head.

Flares are hard.

Oh, they are hard...

Hugs

03/29/2012 10:14 PM
Alby1977
Alby1977  

Gentle Hugs Bits

03/30/2012 05:07 AM
heager1
heager1Posts: 298

I'm sorry Bits at least you tried thats all you can do. I know you did get a little enjoyment until the pain hit you. I hope today is better for you..

03/30/2012 08:33 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

I slept in "our" bed last night. I just wanted to be near Chuck.

It felt so good the first few hours, then back began hurting. I wanted to stay there awhile longer, but did get up.

We switched the AAP matress overlay from hospital bed to our bed (my side). It doesn't stay in place, so will be put back on hospital bed. Maybe, think about getting a quenn size one for our bed?

The back pain wasn't too bad... I was able to control the pain quickly.

I was thinking how I saw all the beautiful nature while riding the golfcart, but couldn't really "feel" them.

Sigh...

But, today feels better. I don't feel as sick or pain as much. I think today is going to be much better.

We are having our "FRIDAY NIGHT FAMILY MOVIE/DINNER" tonight. I am looking forward to it. So are the other 4 muskateers.

I hope all have a good day.

Hugs

03/30/2012 11:38 PM
tonyaraz
tonyaraz  

I am sorry you are hurting. I do hope that today brings much relief and joy!

03/31/2012 12:08 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

Flare was somewhat better today but still too much.

I noticed taking the muscle relaxers (Zanaflex) along with pain meds (hydrocodone) really put a big dent in pain/stiffness.

Usually, I only take a few muscle relaxers a week, though script says 3x day. So this was a welcome suprise to have noticable easement from taking 2 a day.

I had to push hard to make coconut pie and prepare spinach dip.

However, around 10pm I began gaining energy, pain/stiffness receding, and feel much better at present.

hugs

03/31/2012 07:10 AM
claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

That's good news Bits, when pain is so great any relief is welcome. I'm working on getting my bedroom ready for re decorating. My younger son and I will start today with a clean up, pack up and move it out of the way. Joe is treating me to new carpet and new windows! Now if we could just bump out a wall ... HAHAHA CLAP

03/31/2012 01:42 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

For the past 2 weeks I have been clearing my closet and dresser drawers as well as 4 super large drawers in our bedroom.

Almost thru. Still a few things to do.

Then I will be concentrating on our walk-in closet...cleaning and discardin.

Chuck took off 8 huge trash bags of clothes rather unhappiy. When he returned he wanted to know...if I knew there was some pretty good things in there.

What? How did he know about what was in there?

Then like a bolt of lightening it hit me. He knew because he went through them!

The man went thru my bags of discards!!!

I looked at him and said, well, you don't want to know what I first said, but here is how I finished, "You are welcome to have them IF you wear them."

He didn't say anything else. I told you he was a hoarder.

Now, I am going to have to go to his yet to be used chicken mansion and make sure my 8 bags of discarded clothing are not hid out there.

Still...I love his little hoarding soul...

Hugs

03/31/2012 06:05 PM
Alby1977
Alby1977  

that is funny... I watch hoaders on A&E those people are wild.

03/31/2012 06:43 PM
heager1
heager1Posts: 298

My husband also goes through everything thing I try to give away. I just do it when hes not around. I know thats not easy for you Bits.

I finally got him to give away some things from the garage last year.

I had a trivia game in the trunk of my car to give to goodwill and he seen that and wanted it. My question was for what?

My mother in law will clean out closets and he gets into her stuff too.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved