MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/11/2012 07:42 AM

Recipes(page 13)

claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

I'm in the kitchen this morning cleaning my best buddy... The oven. And not to forget his side kick the microwave. I turned on the self cleaner last night. It helped the house stay nice an cozy during the cold weather that is coming through. Blessings CLAP

02/11/2012 12:12 PM
Eldritch
Eldritch  

Buckboard bacon:

A seven to ten pound pork butt roast

Brine in enough water to completely cover the roast. Add 1/4 cup sea salt, 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, crushed garlic to taste, red pepper flakes to taste; brine for 4-7 days.

Drain well and smoke using your favourite technique. This one was smoked in a pit for 36 hours using mesquite.

Buckboard bacon

Sliced.

02/12/2012 01:30 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

FRENCH OYSTER STEW...SERVES 8, BUT IN OUR HOME 5 SERVINGS

12 T BUTTER, DIVIDED

1/4 C FLOUR

2 C FINELY CHOPPED ONIONS

1 C FINELY CHOPPED CELERY

4 C MILK...I DO 2 C MILK AND 2 C HEAVY CREAM

2 T FINELY CHOPPED GARLIC

4 DOZEN OYSTERS SHUCKED, DRAIN BUT RESERVE LIQUID

1 1/2 t SALT

3/4 t COARSE BLACK PEPPER

1/2 C FINELY CHOPPED PARSLEY

DRY SHERRY TO TASTE...I USE 1/4 TO 1/2 C

MELT 8 T BUUTER IN LARGE POT OVER MED HEAT. ADD FLOUR..WISK CONSTANTLY FOR 3 MINS. STIR IN ONIONS/CELERY. CONTINUE COOKING AND STIR OCCASIONLY FOR 4 MINS.

STIR IN MILK, OYSTER LIQUID, AND GARLIC. SEASON WITH SALT/PEPPER TO TASTE. ADD SHERRY.

BRING TO A GENTLE SIMMER, ALLOW TO COOK UNCOVERED FOR 5 MINS.

ADD OYSTERS, PARSLEY. SIMMER FOR 4-5 MINS OR TILL OYSTERS CURL ON EDGES.

STIR IN REMAINING BUTTER.

SERVE HOT WITH OYSTER CRACKERS OR CRACKERS YOU PREFER.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE SHERRY. IT IS STILL VERY GOOD WITHOUT.

I HAVE GIVEN TIMES FOR COOKING, BUT YOU MAY FIND YOU NEED MORE OR LESS TIME FOR EACH STEP.

I ADORE FRENCH FOODS. I COOK/BAKE IT AS OFTEN AS I CAN.

THIS IS OUR FAV OYSTER STEW RECIPE.

MAY YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS WE DO.

Post edited by: bits, at: 02/12/2012 01:32 AM

02/12/2012 08:58 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

Hannah and I just made the easiest and best Crockpot Chocolate Peanuts.

CROCKPOT CHOCOLATE PEANUT CLUSTERS

16 OZ DRY ROASTED PEANUTS (SALTED)

1 BAR GERMAN CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE, COARSLY CHOPPED

16 OZ SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE MORSELS

LAYER IN CROCKPOT AS LISTED. DO NOT MIX. TURN ON CROCKPOT TO LOW. KEEP LID ON AND DO NOT LIFT IT FOR 2 HOURS.

AFTER 2 HOURS, STIR WELL. DROP BY 1/4 teaspoons* ONTO WAXED PAPER. COOL TILL ROOM TMEP THEN PLACE IN FRIDGE WITHOUT REMOVING THEM FROM PAPER.

AFTER A FEW HOURS, IF THEY ARE FIRM, PLACE IN AN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER AND KEEP IN FRIDGE.

TAKE WHAT YOU NEED FROM FRIDGE AND LET SIT FOR 15-30 MINS TO SOFTEN. I LIKE MINE TO STILL BE A BIT CHILLED.

MAKES 75 OR MORE BITE SIZE PIECES.

*YOU WANT THEM TO BE BITE SIZE BECAUSE THEY WILL MELT ON YOUR HANDS. BITE SIZE SOLVES THIS PROBLEM SINCE YOU ARE NOT HOLDING ON TO A LARGER CLUSTER.

MAKE SURE YOU PUT THEM IN A BOWL AND NOT HOLD SEVERAL IN HAND. IT IS THE HEAT OF HANDS THAT CAUSE MELTING. THERE IS NO MELTING ON A NAPKIN OR IN A BOWL.

YOU CAN USE MILK CHOCOLATE, WHITE CHOCOLATE, OR ANY YOU PREFER. YOU CAN ADD FRUITS OR MARSHMELLOWS OR ANY TYPE NUTS.

I PLAN TO MAKE NEXT BATCH USING TOASTED WALNUTS AND CRASINS. THEN NEXT BATCH USING CASHEWS.

THIS IS A WONDERFUL RECIPE TO MAKE YOUR OWN. AND THE EASE IS FANTASTIC. PLUS, THE MOST IMPRORTANT FACTOR...SUPER YUMMY!

Post edited by: bits, at: 02/18/2012 11:00 PM

02/21/2012 05:52 AM
claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

My Younger son says he wants to go vegetarian, so today I'm making Gyros with a meat substitute, Tempeh. this is a soy product from Indonesia. I've had it marinating over night in the fridge. Tempeh can also be used to make burgers. Take a look at the picture of this product

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempeh

We had this recipe at a vegan restaurant we visited. CLAP

02/21/2012 11:02 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

Clap, Say it isn't so!!! Veggies...only veggies? Noooo!!!!!

Just kidding. There are many great recipes for meatless dishes.

Let us know how it goes.

Veggie Hugs

02/21/2012 05:21 PM
claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

The meat substitute was very good, it was all in the spices. Nothing unusual lots of garlic and onion. Here is the recipe. you will need to marinade over night. CLAP

http://www.thisdishisvegetarian.com/2010/07/no-meat-zone- recipes-vegetarian-tempeh.html

02/21/2012 11:03 PM
tonyaraz
tonyaraz  

I am looking into learning how to decorate a cake/ cupcakes. I think I want to start with the buttercream icing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

02/22/2012 04:45 PM
claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

I made this soup today. very good

Grandma's healing soup, This light restorative soup is so delicious you won't have to be sick to enjoy it.

1 1/2 TBsp olive oil--

1 large leek well washed white parts only, Chopped--

1 large carrot peeled and diced small--

1 potatoe, diced small--

1 parsnip, peeled and diced small--

4 cloves garlic minced--

5 cups vegetable stock--

sea salt to taste--

a handful of fresh parsley,chopped--

4oz fresh spinach leaves, rinsed and coarsely chopped--

fresh ground pepper to taste

In soup pot heat olive oil and add leeks, carrots, potato, parsnip and garlic.Cook stiring occasionally, over medium heat about 5 min. Add stock and salt to taste, then bring to simmer for 5 min. Then stir in Parsley and spinach simmer 5 more minutes. Add pepper to taste. Serve hot.

02/22/2012 07:00 PM
bearlie
bearlie  
VIP Member

Oh my....so much food. I was trying to go thru all of that and i know i used to fix a pork butt in dr pepper in the crock pot and some other similar foods. These kids have about ruined me. One won't eat fish, another won't eat chicken - no crock pot food - one doesn't really like pork - the list goes on and on. That's what comes of trying to finish raising kids who come to you high school age. My husband is early diabetic and my dr tells me very little sugar, and to eat low fat and high fiber.

All that food sounded so good.

This makes me want to go back to cooking again. I'll have to substitute some ingredients and not look at the desserts too much (yes i cheat) Yum!!!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 13 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved