MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/09/2011 11:58 PM

My favorite salad

tonyaraz
tonyaraz  

This may sound gross to some, but I love it.

Start with lettuce, add: pineapple, red grapes, strawberries, cucumbers, sunflower seeds and olive garden dressing. Sometimes I add chicken. It is so good, even my husband likes it and he isn't a "salad" person.

Thought I would share, cause it makes me happy Smile And it is super filling. I hope someone tries it.

05/10/2011 12:29 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

This sounds great! Guess who will be having it for dinner Tues? ME! Yummy!!!! tonya, will you post this recipe to my PM?

05/10/2011 01:08 AM
tonyaraz
tonyaraz  

I think I sent it???? That is the 1st time I tried PMing... Also, sometimes I add blackberries too.

05/10/2011 01:26 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

I got it. Thanks dear. I love everything in your salad and it is sooo healthy. Cassie/Hannah/Kman are coming for supper tonite. Chuck (hubby) is grilling steaks so this will be a perfect, lovely, tasty addition to the meal.

We were suppose to have this meal last night BUT I felt yucky. Actually, I am glad we are having it tonite just so I can share this salad.

I love beautiful foods but they have to taste good, as well. This is perfect.

05/10/2011 01:42 AM
tonyaraz
tonyaraz  

Sorry you felt yucky. I hope they enjoy it. My husband uses ranch dressing on his, but I think it throws the taste off, just my opinion. And besides I love olive garden dressing...it is like $5 a bottle only slightly more expensive than regular dressing. I hope the steaks are magnificent! Enjoy your evening

05/10/2011 02:01 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

I like many dressings, but like you I think this one needs the olive garden dressing. We have an Olive Garden close by and I can get the dressing easily.

Chuck has really learned how to cook good steaks. For years he and I both did a terrible job on the grill. We really ruined everything we grilled.

Since he has been doing alot of the cooking the past few years he has really done a fine job. I mean the man can cook. LOL! Honestly, he has ruined me on eating breakfast, burgers, and steaks out. His food is that good.

I want to teach him how to cook/bake on the stove. Eventually, I will and have no doubt he will put my cooking to shame.

05/10/2011 10:14 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

after finishing tests I stopped by store and picked up items I needed for salad and a bottle of Olive Garden Dressing. Wow...beautiful bottle.

Groceries are sitting on counter where they will remain for about an hour till I regenerate a bit.

Am so looking forward to cleaning ladies coming in a few hours and wonderful family dinner tonight. I think I am giddy!

05/10/2011 12:47 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Giddy is a good thing lol. Can't wait to find out how you and family like it, be sure and let us know Smile

05/10/2011 01:39 PM
tonyaraz
tonyaraz  

The bottle is beautiful. And it can be re-used for whatever.... I hope you enjoy

05/11/2011 12:01 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

tonya's salad was.....EXCELLENT!!!! A culinary vision as well as taste. Here was a bed of dark green baby spinach leaves, juicy sliced bright red strawberries and glistening red grapes, small chunks of yellow pineapple, diced pale green cucumbers, sprinkles of crunchy sunflower seeds, a scattering of shredded cheddar cheese, all topped with a drizzle of Olive Garden dressing, served on a clear salad plate.

Honestly, I think the best salad I have ever eaten. I like salads every now and then, but this is is major like. So fresh, elegant, and super easy.

Thank you tonya, I will forever refer to this as "tonya's Salad."

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved