MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/19/2010 12:50 PM

a newbie or a RAbie :)(page 2)

SarabethG
SarabethG  

We talked Sat night finally. Its been too long. He admited that hes scared and he's not trying to push me. But Im sure you guys get how I took it. It's an old argument. Im no Martha either ; ) I was always at the park or in the yard with the kids while home. I hate being inside and a potatoe. He also said what Ive heard alot on here... "I dont get how you can have something with no cure. They have to be wrong. Youre too young to be this sick" I laughed and said I guess not. Though I have to say I did have tears in my eyes. Hee agreed that after this new Dr agrees with this diagnosis then he would stop saying it. Thanks for understanding guys. If any of you live in Jersey feel free to stop by. Dont mind the mess ; )

07/19/2010 04:27 PM
jlacy46
jlacy46  

we were watching a show the other night and they were talking about marriage vows and my husband looked at me and said i never thought you would get a disease they could not find a way to cure or you could not just work through. he was not being mean or anything he just always figured it would be him he found out about 6 years ago he has hepatitus c and while it has caused him no trouble when he had them tested last time the liver enzymes were elevated and i have always been fairly healthy just the meneires stuff so i quess he thought i would always beSilly

07/19/2010 05:16 PM
SarabethG
SarabethG  

The same here we always used to joke on who would get to die first. Weird I know. I told him now Im beating him. He hurt his back at work shortly after I met him and its been a problem ever since. Now it looks like Ill be a cripple before him. I think in a way hes wishing itwere him but I would rather it be me.

07/20/2010 03:12 PM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

The odd conversations we have once we get a chronic illness....

Jersey resident here, but I don't stop by unannounced.. my mom would roll over in her grave if I did that! Shocked Laughing

07/20/2010 04:19 PM
SarabethG
SarabethG  

Im in middesex county. You?

07/21/2010 05:50 AM
Cyrusray

Ros..........I think sometimes the RA becomes WORSE with the load we

take on in our lives...at 61, I am tooo old to fight anymore...the job

scene is OVER....and children at home plus parttime employment is a

terrifying thought....

I can only putter around the house....limited to sewing a baby dress

for my baby granddaughter....and doing any handwork in the bed. My

back prevents my from doing much....I wish all you younger ladies and

gents will be able to lessen your load...whether job, children, circumstances...listening to "world news",........because even as a

putterer....life is difficult.

07/21/2010 06:58 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

I agree with Cy. We have much the same lifestyle. I know how hard it can be with only hubby and me and wonder how you with young familes and/or work do it.

God bless each of you.

07/21/2010 05:38 PM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Sara.. Im in Ocean county. Very northern Ocean county, bordering Monmouth and Burlington counties. Plus I work in Mercer county. I'm kind of all over the state.. LOL

07/22/2010 07:08 AM
SarabethG
SarabethG  

Wow not too far then. I'm in Spotswood. Right next door to East Brunswick. I grew up in Monmouth county.

07/22/2010 08:04 AM
ros13

thanks Cyrusray and bits. I want to keep the kids until they launch to college. and i desparately want to keep the mortgage in order to get some of the equity for college tuition. we've lived like bohemians for so long I figure we can use the equity that never went to modernization to help with tuition. and I have to keep my job for the health insurance. but maybe the silver lining is I can't quit, so I don't sit down, so I will not turn to a pillar of salt, at least yet? Smile your posts made me feel better. i rather be on top of the world than on the pity pot.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved