MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/13/2009 05:10 PM

Feeling Yuckie.....Like the flu

Jul
Jul  

Just a question.....does anyone else feel like they have the flu. My body aches from head to toe. My muscles...my joints....my bones. To be honest I am not sure what aches....thinks it's just everything. I do have fibro. I was just wondering what it was that was making me feel this way. It has been going on for the past few months. It comes and goes. I have times where I feel really good....and times when I feel just awful. Ache and sick to my stomachSick . It is really starting to get to me. Not to mention scare me. I wonder if it is a normal feeling or if there is really another problem. Now my mind starts to wander and the anxiety sets inW00t.....Someone please help me.... Is this a normal feeling for RA?????

10/13/2009 05:50 PM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Hi Jul,

I'm sorry you're still not feeling well Sick ..

When I'm in a flare, or whatever it is because I don't know if you "flare" every other week, I get those same feelings. Everything hurts.. bones, muscles,etc.. Yes it does feel very much flu-like. Even with the stomach upset. For me it's normal... but who ever said I was normal?? W00t Whistling lol

Hope that eases your mind a little.. and I hope you'll feel better soon!!!

Kissing

10/13/2009 07:14 PM
cella
cella  

HI Jul

Hope you get some relief...

Yesterday I received my weekly methotrexate injection, and I always feel sick the next day...well, today I felt like I had the flu, weak, achey and yes, it seemed like every joint hurt. Along with the fatigue, today, I just about made it home from work and feel asleep for 4 hours..I also think this is just part of RA...more often then not, I am achey and fatigued. I am sorry to hear that you are also sick to your stomach.. Sad

Hope you feel better soonSmile

10/13/2009 07:33 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

kv

I have never said you were normal. LOL! Thank goodness. Wouldn't it be a dull world if we all were normal? Just kidding friend....or am I?

LOL! Love you either way.

cella

You know the symptoms of RA are...pain, stiffness, fatigue, and flu-like symptoms. Yep, we get bombarded in many ways. But the MTX is known for causing one to feel yucky.

I changed to the shots and didn't have the bad side effects like I did on the pills.

Jul

I have often said fibro sounds alot like RA. Have you discussed this with your docs? I know from reading and being at the fibro group, so many of the folks there are suffering in the way you have described.

Please, get it checked out with your doc.

I wish all here a good...no...a great rest of the night and a beautiful morning.

Hugs

10/14/2009 03:39 AM
gettingoldsucks
gettingoldsucks  

Hi Juls, I've been getting the flares of all over hurting along with the skin over my whole body going really sensitive to the point it hurts, for years. Morning nausea like clockwork. The last 3 years it was pretty much nonstop. When the joint pain and raynauds joined the party last year, i was hit. Before the increase of disease activity and no DX's, it was so maddening to get a couple of good days and then all of a sudden just wake with all over muscle pain so bad i couldn't brush my hair. I relate the flulike symptons to when my skin hurts. That happens alot too but the meds seem to be helping and now it's just parts at a time instead of all over. At first they said Fibro and now they are saying it is all MCTD/RA. Who knows. All I know is it's not normal or fun to have so many days ruined. It did get easier to live with once I knew what was causing it and I got to quit wondering if it was all in my head. LOL, I always knew it wasn't but when you have no Dx's and can't tell people what's wrong....well, you know what they're thinking.

10/14/2009 07:04 AM
VansDoubleLuck
VansDoubleLuckPosts: 31

Hey Juls....it's not in your head!! I actually had my rheumatologist tell me that and I was so relieved to hear it! I've had days where it feels like my hair hurts and I can't stand to have my boots on because my skin hurts. So, we're all there w/ ya, you're not nuts and that's our normal until we find meds that work......hope you feel better...I know it's so hard to think that we might get there someday but hang in there and hang on!!! Take care.....

Diane

10/14/2009 08:37 AM
Cata
Cata  
Group Leader

Well Juls, as you see from everyone's post, all you are feeling is "normal"... for us any way Laughing It is hard to know when you are getting the flu if you are flaring, it all gets mixed up, doesn't it? But flu symptoms don't usually last more than 7-10 days, if uncomplicated.

10/14/2009 06:10 PM
Jul
Jul  

Thanks everyone.....Knowing it is a normal feeling for people like us makes me feel better. However, I am so sick of feeling so yuckie all the time!!!! Days like this i could sit and cry...

10/15/2009 09:43 AM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Jul, we understand {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} Just makes you want to crawl back in bed and pull the covers over your head, hoping you'll wake up from this nightmare.....

10/16/2009 04:01 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Jul, welcome, I don't think we've met. I have fibro along with a few other things too. I feel the way you describe most days. I think I started to get used to it but then it brought me to tear and I realized, this can't be normal. Who knows about normal with us, right? My point is that although my docs and I are still trying to find just the right med combo, I'm also being tested for every possible thing you can think of....just to rule everything out. You would always rather be safe then sorry. It is very nice to have a place to come to though where people understand your pain, don't judge you and always want to help.

I hope you stick around, I look forward to getting to know you Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved