MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/21/2012 08:48 PM

Dry mouth

claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

I know we have talked about dry mouth before. I don't believe we mentioned it in this way. I had an RA Dr. appt today. I did talk to her about the dry mouth. She said it was related to acid reflux

http://www.sophisticatededge.com/dry-mouth-and-acid- reflux.html

I thought it was a good article and I am taking the prilosec for 10 days to find if it helps.

Have some of you heard about this? what was your outcome?

05/22/2012 01:35 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

I was dxed with Acid Reflux in my late 20's (now 55). Since a young kid I suffered from heartburn and ate many Tums to help.

I started out taking Zantec and Tagament for a few years (prescrition then) then graduated to Prilosec (prescription) for 15 years. I was taking 2 per day.

For the last 10 years I have been taking Nexium. I take 40mg 2x daily.

Until I was dxed with RAD I never experienced dry mouth.

Since I haven't been on any RAD meds for a few years I don't think it has anything to do with the meds. Since I have taken my other meds at different times I don't think it has anything to do with them.

For me, I think it has something to do with the disease.

However, there are many reasons for dry mouth and what I read is interesting. It would be a good thing to try and see if dry mouth is relieved.

I do well on proton pumps and hope you do, too.

Let us know.

Hugs

05/23/2012 07:48 AM
claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

This is a response to my earlier post

I have taken the prilosec for 2 nights. I'm sleeping much better and not waking up gasping for moisture.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved