MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/05/2012 03:52 PM

fever after surgery

judylacy

i am a little concerned about the fever. i just had surgery. but i have also been pulled off of all ra drugs. it is 101.8. how do tell if it is from the ra or surgery. i dont feel bad. and i am doing great with the rehab. but every joint and every muscle in body is screaming at me and are swollen. the drainage from the surgery site is not abnormal and is not a yellow collor all pink. i usually run a low grade 99-102 when the ra is out of control so any help would be awsome.

05/05/2012 05:38 PM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Judy, be on the safe side and call your surgeon. Let them make the determination of whether it's RA related or surgery related.

05/06/2012 06:57 AM
judylacy

i did call but the exchange said another dr. in the office was on and i talked to him he said that the drainage and the slight fever(his words) are not abnormal. i have a nurse with the home health agency coming some time today the fever is gone now but will come back as evening comes on so i hope the nurse can but me at ease

05/06/2012 08:52 AM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

If you don't feel satisfied with their answer, insist on being seen. It's part of your aftercare following surgery.

05/06/2012 01:20 PM
judylacy

said something to the jack guy who informed me that there was nothing he could do but i could to er and be evaluated and call the office when it opens on monday and if they have any appoints open maby i could be seen. Gosh i hate dr. that think they are God and if you dont agree they dont care. found out the nurse for home health isnt coming today not till tommorow. and they wonder why people have a tendancy to self medicate

05/07/2012 07:22 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

jlacy, did you see doc or nurse today? Let us know as soon as you can dear.

Hugs

05/07/2012 08:50 AM
judylacy

home health nurse just left. she said the incision looks good and the color of drainage was ok she was a little concerned about the redness farther out from the incision. she drew blood and talked to my surgen and she took pictures and sent to him (i am crying as i type this) he said he thought it was a tape problem he sent a script just in case to the pharmacy. she told me to have huby pick up different tape on way home to watch it closely if the redness gets worse or i have more pain then i am immiediatly to call his office and see him. i am so relieved i am still crying. God is so good to me and i am so grateful to him that he cares about me like he does. my therepy is going well and now with this taken care of i can continue to heal and get back on my feet. thank you all for the prayers and thoughts i know that was the turning point for this. i appreciate you all so much and may God bless each and evey person on in this group. God Bless you all.

05/07/2012 10:34 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

May God bless you and continue with your healing.

Gentle hugs

05/07/2012 12:32 PM
kym
kym  

Judy, so glad to read your latest post. When I read the first one, I was like, whaaaaa? Since when is a nearly 102 temp normal in an adult? So anyway, I'm relieved that you are getting the proper attention, now. Hope you're feeling better soon.

05/07/2012 02:14 PM
Alycam
AlycamPosts: 107

This is such good news! So glad you are on the mend. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved