MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/16/2012 01:48 PM

A good day! with good news!

JoLoBa

Hooray! I had a good day today!Tongue

My second dose of MTX yesterday and I spent the day with that incredible fatigue. I was not me, just a blob sleeping or dozing in my chair. I still can't quite believe how good it is to know you understand that!

Today I woke up achy and tired, but did my regular Monday schedule and errands. This afternoon, I actually feel almost normal! I even took the dogs for a short walk.Smile This is the first day of close to normal since everything started around Thanksgiving.

So, I caught up on the homework my doc gave me--to contact my insurance to see which biotics are covered. All 4 he listed! And at a $100 copay! That will be a stretch, but I've decided to do what's necessary to be as well as I can as often as I can. I can do it--not like the $1200 and up quotes I've been seeing. I've been to some of the biotic websites and am hopeful they might even help with that cost.

And, after checking with the doc, I get to try the MTX on Sat. evening. Hopefully, that'll give me at least some of Sunday back. I miss walking in the woods, my usual Sunday afternoon, so much.

And it's so good to know you understand, too, that I'm excited to be feeling something other than blobness!

04/16/2012 02:05 PM
Michelle824

Yay for you! This poss gives me hope as I go into starting MTX myself this week.

I hope your week just keeps getting better!

04/16/2012 02:19 PM
JaynieBeth
JaynieBeth  

If you're looking at going onto any of the biologics, some of them have minimum copay programs where they send you a card and reduce your copay to $20-$10-$5 or so. I know Enbrel has one, and so does Humira. I'll bet more of them do, too.

04/16/2012 02:30 PM
libyana
libyana  

It is so nice to hear that you guys are feeling good Laughing

I like hearing people are pain free......always gives me hope.....

Libyan

04/16/2012 06:12 PM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

That's wonderful news! I'm glad you're feeling better, and that you'll be able to start taking a biologic. Things are definitely looking up!! Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved