MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/18/2012 11:49 AM

I'm new to the group

sandyi

I was diagnosed with RA when I was 10 years old. I'm 42 now and have been on all kinds of medicine but now I'm only on one. I'm able to go out with my friends and I can walk. I love my friends but I'd like to be able to talk with people who understand what I'm going through. I'd love to hear from anyone.

03/18/2012 12:00 PM
heager1
heager1Posts: 298

Hi! welcome. Thats good news that your able to go out. What kind of medicine do you take?

There are other members who have been DXed with JRA.

I'm 41 and I just got DXed about 6 months ago. I am currently taking Plaquenil and prednisone.

nice to meet you.

03/18/2012 03:04 PM
erimou
erimou  

Hi sandyi! Like you, I was diagnosed with lupus (that's what they thought it was), at age 11, but now I have RA. I'll be 30 this year. Welcome to the group! It's a great place to meet great people!

03/18/2012 05:13 PM
bearlie
bearlie  
VIP Member

I test positive for lupus but they're not sure if i have it. I think that's one of the reasons they have me on plaquenil.

03/18/2012 06:22 PM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Hi Sandy, welcome to the group. We're pleased you found us. It's a great group of folks who are always willing to answer questions, listen, and provide any info they can. Although since you've had RA for so long, I'm sure there's plenty you could teach us.

There are quite a few people here who were diagnosed with RA as children as well, and like you have undoubtedly seen many changes in treatment, diagnosis, and available information.

I'm glad to hear that you're still able to go out with your friends and walk, because it shows to others that RA is not the "death sentence" that some fear in the beginning.

What med are you on, and how is it working for you?

03/19/2012 01:26 AM
tonyaraz
tonyaraz  

Welcome to the group!

03/19/2012 03:07 AM
JaynieBeth
JaynieBeth  

Hi, and welcome!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved