MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/14/2012 07:58 AM

Again?

Cata
Cata  
Group Leader

For the last 3 days i have had increased pain in my right femur, you know, the one with the fractures issues.

I AM freaking out. I feel weak physically and emotionally, and can't imagine how it would be to have to have surgery again if it was needed....

Peace sometimes escapes us, doesn't it? You recover from one thing and get another coming right away...

Still hoping the problem won't need surgery. Still hoping i am overreacting and it is nothing. Pain there is usually never nothing, but one can hope... Trying to get to see ortho ASAP.

I have, supposedly, a wedding this Sat. Doubt very much i will be going anywhere. The friendship with this person is fragile and i doubt very much she will forgive me. Not that i have a choice... But i guess that is the least of my worries.

Please pray i don't need another surgery!

03/14/2012 09:43 AM
Eldritch
Eldritch  

Damn, damn, damn. It is all too true that one thing follows abruptly on the heels of another and another.

Sending you my very best wishes for a surgical free resolution to the pain and moments of peace in the fear.

03/14/2012 09:56 AM
Herblady
Herblady  

Sending positive hugs your way Cata....hope it's just from your overdoing and nothing else....

03/14/2012 10:19 AM
libyana
libyana  

sorry to hear Cata..sending (((hugs))) take care............

Lib

03/14/2012 10:34 AM
PauleR
PauleR  
Group Leader

Cata, I am praying that it is because of all you've done to get ready to move and not another fracture. I'm also praying for tou to have a pain free and worry free move.

Good luck, dear Cata.

Post edited by: PauleR, at: 03/14/2012 10:34 AM

03/14/2012 11:01 AM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Cata, as Paulette said , perhaps it's just due to all of the packing and other physical labor you've done to get ready for your move.

I too will pray that you don't need surgery, and that the issue will just resolve on it's own.

**hugs**

03/14/2012 11:39 AM
Cata
Cata  
Group Leader

I am totally guilty of overdoing it lately.... So i too am hopeful it is that... Pain comes and goes when i walk, not there when sitting, and i am taking all that as good signs. The scooter is out again (thanks God for it) and i am letting my poor leg rest. And the rest of me. Someone significant for me died last weekend, a professor and mentor, and it was more of an emotional blow than i could have anticipated. Funnily all the swelling and pain everywhere got much worse, i think it is connected to the emotions. I am hoping there is swelling in the fracture place as there is everywhere from overdoing it and the stress.

Hoping we will be able to see when i get the x ray done. I say hope because that leg is a walking hardware store, lol. Big bone graft, big plate, screws of different shapes, and wire, they obstruct many of the views of my own bone, so getting good viewing angles gets tricky.

You know, even if there was some issue in the fracture point, i would still hold hope the dr could inject growing factor to jump-start healing process again, and avoid surgery. I know he doesn't want to get in there unless absolutely necessary.

It is a relief to come here and tell you all this. It is a relief to see your responses, and feel your support. You all know the feeling we get so often of "come on! Can't i get a break?". No one really understands it better. And it trully helps to carry on. What an amazing place and how lucky we are to be a part of it...

I will keep praying that this ends up being not a biggie, but a warning sign for me to slow down. Thanks for praying with me friends

03/14/2012 01:40 PM
claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

Cata, my prayer go out to you. That all will be the best for your health. That the move will continue. And that much help, many hands, will come to get you moved. I can hardly wait to hear what the Dr. will say. we will get a miracle, healing always is. CLAP

Post edited by: claphappy, at: 03/14/2012 01:46 PM

03/14/2012 03:15 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

Praying mightly for my dear Cinderella.

He hears...and answers...always.

He is cradling you ever so gently in His arms.

Soothing you...

Soon, you will feel calm and peace.

Hugs, my precious one

03/14/2012 06:26 PM
Cata
Cata  
Group Leader

Dr was out of town. Tomorrow he is in surgery till the end of day. I have appt for Fri. If it gets worse before that i go to the other ortho or the ER.

I have been feeling better, because i am not walking. It doesn't hurt if i don't walk. Which gives me peace of mind because that means it is not an inpending fracture, as it was last Oct. That time it hurt, a lot, as i drew breath in, or with any muscle contraction.

So even if it needed surgery it is not that same bad scenario.

I am more peaceful now, less stressed. Cancelled my day today, tomorrow and Fri. I AM GOING TO REST. YAY!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved