MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/08/2012 03:11 PM

update on meds(page 2)

progrmrgurl
progrmrgurl  

Enbrel is getting really popular ... It does hurt for sure. I've done both the sure click and the needles. The needles hurt less because I could go slower but it would take me a long time to do and I would get sick to my stomach waiting so I went back to the sure click. It hurts more but it's over quicker LOL

I do have nausea from it and the first couple of days I am extra tired but it passes. I also let it warm for about 30 minutes, sometimes I take ibuprofen if I'm not on pain meds and have also iced it before and after. I am so used to it now though I haven't done the icing or the ibuprofen in a few months.

I hope everyone has good luck with their meds! It took a long time but I am doing well most of the time now with Enbrel Smile *hugs my friends*

Linda

Post edited by: progrmrgurl, at: 02/08/2012 03:14 PM

02/08/2012 03:32 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

I still would try Enbrel if given the chance.

I wonder how the rheumys decide what bio to use.

I did Enbrel and the next one was to be Orencia.

Praying for good resulte for all of you trying the bios.

Hugs

02/08/2012 04:26 PM
Cata
Cata  
Group Leader

I pray constantly for them to create your "new Enbrel" Bits, a miracle drug for you that won't entail the dangers that keep you from RA meds.

They keep creating new meds like crazy. I. The last 5 yrs or so there has been an explosion of them. Say the new one for Lupus. For the last 20 yrs there were no new meds for Lupus. Now they created one last year (Donna told me).

God bless the minds of the scientists and reserchers so they keep finding treatments to give us options. And maybe, one day, some resemblance of a cure

02/08/2012 04:30 PM
Cata
Cata  
Group Leader

For those of you using Enbrel, how do you deal with nausea? Just wait for it to pass or take something?

I am using a very new med for osteoporosis, Forteo. Injectable, click pen, daily. Gives me some nausea. I have it at night so i sleep nausea over. I have had more pain since i started,and wonder if it comes from the Forteo... But kindda hard to know

02/08/2012 05:57 PM
progrmrgurl
progrmrgurl  

Cata - I haven't really found anything that helps the nausea I get. I tried nausea meds but they didn't really help. Sometimes crackers will help for a little while but its pretty mild for me most of the time.

I'm sorry to hear your having more pain, I hope it is not from your new medication and I hope it passes soon. Its so hard sometimes to tell what's what with RA and meds isn't it?

02/08/2012 06:09 PM
claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

I got the first sign that I was approved. Joe saw they took a payment for it today. I bet it won't be here for another 10 days. With his post I'll sure be ready. Blessings CLAP

Post edited by: claphappy, at: 02/08/2012 06:10 PM

02/09/2012 04:48 AM
JACKIEH
JACKIEH  

2nd injection today, I had problems trying to press the click in, obviously didnt/couldnt get the right pressure or whatever to release the needle, so went to the pharmacy and got her to give it me in the arm, much to my suprise no hurting, didnt feel a thing. I had warmed it up, but i did that last time too. The only thing i notice so far is the fatigue is a lot less, no longer need to sleep so much, fingers do feel a little less stiff. I feel sick all the time now and dont want to eat, cany eat anything but jello and vanilla puddings!!!!!!!! BTW, didnt need ice or anything, was a brilliant shot, now i hope i can work out how to get the click pen in the right position or i will ask for injections, I have no problem with needles, and easier when you have thick fingers. I will keep you updated on progress, thanks for all the imput xxxxxx

02/09/2012 09:40 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

I did not have any nausea when using Enbrel. But I did when using oral MTX. For that I took phenergan. Helped tremendously and oly had to take a few doses for a day or so.

Jackie, if I had to have given myself the injection I would have chosen the sure click. Because of thick fingers, stiffness, and pain. I never know when my hands are going to be ok so that would have played a huge factor in choice.

Have you (all that are sick) discussed this with rheumy? I wish you were not sick friends.

Praying for all.

Gentle Hugs

02/09/2012 11:35 AM
JACKIEH
JACKIEH  

Hi Bits, I read your post a while ago and then sat and thought about it, of course no one wants to be sick but if it had to be some one then why not me. To be honest having RA has enhanced my life more than it has disabled it. Sure I could do so many things before, felt good had no pain but boy was I in a fast lane and probably would have continued like that had i not got this, i lived but I did not LIVE, and there in lies the difference. I know who truly loves me, i know where is the importance in my life and that is not material possessions. I have met so many new wonderful ppl ,like yourself,Linda, Cata, Clap and all the rest of this huge family we have here.If the price I have to pay is uncertainty of the future, pain, meds, well bring it on . I value this gift given to me, yup you heard right Gift because I think I now LIVE life instead of just living.

I think many may disagree with me, but we all look at in in a different way, so thank you God for giving this to me and not to one whom I love, and I believe I have and will have the strength to go through whatever may come, so long as I have my true friends and loved ones with me

02/09/2012 05:59 PM
claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

Hi Friends, I know this will sound off, but I have wanted to have the loss of appetite. All my meds say it could decrease my appetite but it hasn't happened yet. Since I'm off work I've gained 20 pounds. Using my time to cook,yum! and have gotten some great recipes from here. Thanks Tonya and Bits.

I have been on probiotics trying to get ready for Enbrel. I'll stop a few days before 1st enbrel shot.

I have seen some good come from having RA, but I'd rather a squirrel have it. They seem so fat and healthy running around the yard. I have seen crocus blooming here and daffodils are 5 inches tall. This is very unusual for N.VA. in February. We had some frost and more is set to come. The chaotic weather is causing blooms to early. Ermm I have Irises and would miss not seeing them in June.

I agree that the friends here are the biggest plus Cheerful CLAP

Post edited by: claphappy, at: 02/09/2012 06:14 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved