MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/23/2012 07:34 PM

Enbrel, infection & antibiotics

claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

This is running through my head. I need to know if I'm on the right track.

1)When taking enbrel you should not have an infection.

2)Because I've been on antibiotics I should not have any infections.

3) So there is no reason to be tested for lymes, Parvo, or are these different?

I'm not on Enbrel, but the paper work is in. Thanks,

I saw my RA today, everything left my head. The things I wanted to talk about were written on a page I couldn't find. I'm so upset. The questions were not related to the above question. CLAP

Post edited by: claphappy, at: 01/23/2012 07:36 PM

01/24/2012 03:40 AM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Clap, fax the paper to your doctors office, and have them call you with the answers. Just keep a copy of the questions so you know to what they're referring.

You weren't tested for these originally? Usually those are among the first panel of blood tests. Check to see if it's been done and you just don't realize it.

Hope you get some answers soon

Wink

01/24/2012 05:39 AM
claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

Thanks Karen, I would have never thought to fax it,

I was tested for TB but not Lymes or parvos. A few years ago (5) I was tested and tests came back positive for parvos, Dr said it has to work itself out. yet my checks and now upper chest remain pink. The Lymes test came back as a maybe, on the low side of maybe at that. Lymes is a hard one to get the right tests done if not a positive. I cant let this go. I'm sure my Internist will do these, now just to get in there saying my flu is not gone (cough cough). CLAP

01/24/2012 06:30 AM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Clap, I love fax machines, especially when you get the confirmation page. They can't say they didn't receive it!!

I had parvo 5 years before I finally tested positive for RA. Caught it from my son. Went very rapidly into typical RA symptoms, horrible swelling all over. My hands looked like surgical gloves when you blow them up, feet.. I couldn't wear regular shoes, only my Birkies because they were wide. Couldn't get up and down the stairs. Horrible fatigue. Yet, I was sero-negative for five years.

Hoping something turns up in your testing so you can have some definitive answers.

01/24/2012 11:16 AM
claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

I have an appt for tomorrow and will ask about testing then. Not one of my regular Dr's so I don't no if she'll do it.

I really can't say how I got it, probably from picking up after the dog. It came up with some other random tests the Dr did. He was surprised as I was.

Last week, while I was in the Internist office for this flu. The Dr was looking at my charts and in a surprised voice said "you also have epilepsy!" Wow can I surprise them! CLAP

01/25/2012 09:51 AM
claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

I'm just back from my Internist. That group of Dr's are good. We talked and I got to ask her some of the questions I forgot at the RA office. She is testing me for Lymes and Parvos, plus checking my Epilepsy med. level. The RA office has not replied yet. This really puts me at ease before I take my first enbrel shot. Blessings CLAP

01/25/2012 03:40 PM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Clap, I'm glad that you found some doctors that actually listen to you and respond to your questions. Also that they're doing the testing.

At least you'll get some answers soon! YAY! Wink

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved