MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/01/2012 04:40 AM

GOOD MORNING

bits
bits  
VIP Member

Good Morning friends,

I have yet to go to sleep. Thats ok, though, I just have my days nights mixed up again.

Actually, I adore staying up all night as long as it is not from pain. I find it peaceful.

The rain is falling and I can hear it beating on the cover of the chimney. I like the sound.

Temp is 60*, which is very warm for this time of year especially during night time. I assume we will be having a storm since the low tonite is 28*. Pretty big drop.

As soon as it is light enough I plan on going outside on back porch, read a book, listen to and watch the rain.

At some point I will put down book and simply stare at the beauty of nature. Letting my mind have no thoughts but what God has made and displayed before my very eyes.

Beside me will be a cup of hot cocoa. I will be wearing my fav ratty old sweater and have a lap quilt on me.

Maybe, I will fall asleep while breathing fresh air and being lulled by the rain.

Nearly time to go out so I must prepare what I need.

Hot coca hugs to all

01/01/2012 05:37 AM
Molly5
Molly5  

Goodmorning All! Happy 2012 ! Hopefully we will all have many good things to share with each other this year. I'm just glad I can still get out of bed and make my own coffee! I'm typing this with a smile,aside the pain I feel pretty good today. We went out to eat with friends last night. I had the Shrimp Scampi....dessert was Chocolate Molten Cake. Good times with good friends...memories made! Hope all is well with all of you today!

01/01/2012 07:36 AM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Sounds lovely, Kim!

I have three resolutions that I'm keeping this year, and I know I can do them so I'm looking forward to it.

01/01/2012 09:27 AM
claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

Biits, sounds good, I think I like hot coca hugs, if they are anything like the chocolate kisses! Kissing

Karen, I don't usually make them, but I'd like to know yoursWink

CLAP

Post edited by: claphappy, at: 01/01/2012 09:29 AM

01/01/2012 03:16 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

olly,

Our NYE's dinner was much alike. I boiled 3 lbs shrip in a spicy boil and we had Chocolate Eclairs for dessert.

Zach made a lovely tray of cheese/crackers/grapes to go with everything. It was only the 3 of us and believe me we ate shrimp till stuffed.

We totally forgot to open our bubbly. LOL! I reckon we were too busy eating shrimp.

Ahh well, everything was good. Just gives us another oppurtunity to celebrate with our forgotten bubbly.

Karen what are your resolutions?

Clap, chocolate kisses and hot coca hugs...yumy.

Hugs to all

01/01/2012 06:25 PM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

I can only tell you two of them, the third has to remain a secret due to potential ramifications.

Losing more weight, and getting my real estate license.

01/02/2012 03:26 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

Karen,

Hoping your resolutions come true. Especially the 3rd one.

Hugs

01/02/2012 03:31 PM
claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

Karen Thanks for sharing, They are good ones. As Janet Jackson is saying on her Weight watchers commercial "Get on it" Blessings CLAP

01/03/2012 04:05 AM
gettingoldsucks
gettingoldsucks  

Good luck Karen. I will be rooting for ya'. Mine are more exercise and tomorrow morning I attempt to quit smoking. This is a biggie for me. I have never tried and just know it can't be helping the migraines. Gotta do it.

Got in from Fla last night. Feeling rough this morning. Had migraines, neck and eye pain the first 8 days then the last 3 were better. I made it to the beach and boardwalk New Years day. 75 and beautiful. Lots of people, even in the water. It was to cold for me but I managed to walk barefoot to feel the sand on my feet. it was wonderful. Did some beachfront shopping and had a wonderful dinner with oceanview. This is what I go for! oh yeah...and family...sure..them too...lol.

I hate to say this but the highlight of my trip (this always is) is getting home and being greeted by my babies (dogs). I always miss and worry about them. They sure were happy to see me and they got new toys and collars. I will go back in June again when I can really enjoy the sun and heat.

Today i will start cleaning and try to stay warm. Weather's a tad bit chilly here but glad the snow missed us last night. It's 1 right now with the wind chill. I hope I don't get sick from the temp changes. I want to get some clearance shopping done but that will have to wait a few days till temps go back to the 40's.

Wishing you all a late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Strength to accomplish all you wish to this new year.

Hugs, Donna

01/03/2012 06:13 AM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Donna, you're an incredibly strong woman and I have no doubt that you will accomplish everything you set out to do with your goals.

You're so right that the smoking is probably contributing to your migraines. Maybe this will provide you with some inspiration:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/ 090624102257.htm

http://migraineheadacherx.com/ migraines_and_the_smoking_connection.php

http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/guide/triggers- smoking

I know people who smoked most of their lives, and once they quit ( no, it wasn't easy) they felt better in many areas.I'm sure you'll experience the same thing.

Stay warm. It's cold here today too 27* with windchills in the teens, which probably doesn't seem cold to you but we were in the mid 50s a couple of days ago! lol

Hope you'll soon be feeling better Donna. Don't give up the fight for better health. You'll be thankful and proud of yourself in the long run.

You can do it!!!

Wink Wink

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved