MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/29/2011 03:57 PM

Rheumatoid Arthritis Research Study

srakaka

Hello,

I am a freshman from high school. I am participating in the Alameda County Science and Engineering Fair and am doing an epidemiology study on the correlation between rheumatoid arthritis and meat consumption. For this I have made surveys. Please fill this online anonymous survey which should take no longer than 2 minutes. Even if you do not have RA please fill this survey out.

Here is the link (copy and paste into URL)

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22DMHBDJTNJ

Thank You so much Smile

12/30/2011 04:37 PM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Good luck... I hope you win and I hope that your study will inspire you to continue your research further as your education progresses.

12/30/2011 08:12 PM
progrmrgurl
progrmrgurl  

Hi srakaka - Your survey is a good idea. And I too hope that you win and will continue your research, you could be the one who finds us a cure Smile.

I hope you don't mind but I have a suggestion for your survey. For question 5 it sounds like you wanted the same answer as the first question (if I read it right) but I am guessing that if someone has decreased their meat intake after being dxd with RA you want to know what they decreased to, you may want to adjust the wording.

For question 6 - to get more meaningful results you might want to add another option or possibly even another question. For instance: I was dxd with RA a year ago, I have only decreased my meat intake for about 4 months or so (I have added more fish, less red meat and eggs) so at this time I feel it has helped a bit but at the same point it could be from the medication that I am feeling better. So maybe a question asking the general time frame of when someone decreased thier intake would be good for your analysis, and an additional option(s) on question 6 like, : (no change in symtoms, small change in symptoms)

The other question you may want to ask is how long the person has had a diagnosis of RA because some have been diagnosed for years and some for months or days. Knowing that will make a big difference in your analysis results. Especially if you have an idea of how long since changing or not changing of meat consumption.

Best wishes to you!

Linda

12/31/2011 05:59 AM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Great suggestions Linda Wink

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved