MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/14/2011 10:45 PM

THE GIFT

bits
bits  
VIP Member

I just had to share this with all of you.

We are having a nice thunderstorm. The nice kind where you hear the thunder and see occassional flashes of lighening and the rain speed is just right. Relaxing, soothing...

We decided to open both front/back doors and screens to hear the rain better and breathe in the wonderful smell of earth and water. The temp has dropped and the coolness is refreshing.

So, here I sit in my comfy chair all relaxed and feeling lovely. My cat, Miss Pretty (13) comes through the door and wants me to brush her. I do even though she is wet. Soon, she leaves my lap and heads back out.

A few minutes later she comes back through the door, jumps on Chuck's chair, jumps on the table betwenn his and my chair, jumps over to me and...has something in her mouth.

I saw a flash of it before she made it to the table but sat stunned with fear. By the time I could move she was already on me and dropped...a dead mouse in my lap.

I am not afraid of mice but was afraid it was a snake or lizard. I m sooooo glad it was not a snake/lizard.

Anyway, I had to accept her gift and praise her for it. Eventually, after noticing i wasn't eating it she ate it.

Now, I am afraid she will be bringing me "gifts" everytime we open the door. I must be on my guard.

LOL! She gave me a fright, but gave me laughter, too.

Hugs

09/14/2011 11:11 PM
tonyaraz
tonyaraz  

I would have been afraid it was a snake too. Yuck! I hope she doesn't bring anything else back

09/15/2011 03:55 AM
claphappy
claphappy  
Group Leader

She really loves you if she's bringing you this. I'm glad it wasn't a snake. My Mom always had cats, they brought her their kill. We had a large picture window that had an air condition unit in the lower portion. The cat would place these gifts on it. Now that's love Smile

09/15/2011 07:16 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

Miss Pretty has always brought me gifts, but left them on the porch in front of the door. This was a new thing. Boy, was I scared.

I know she is feeding me. Taking care of me. Maybe, even trying to teach me to hunt. LOL! Maybe, because she senses me being sick is why she brought it straight to me. ???

Whatever her reason I did appreciate the gift but really hope she goes back to laying it in front of the door.

God bless Miss Pretty for her love and kindness.

Hugs

09/16/2011 03:59 AM
gettingoldsucks
gettingoldsucks  

Bits, that is so adorable. I've never had a cat but I did have a Coonhound who brought me little surprises and dumped them at the back door. There was a baby possum, a couple birds, a few rats, and a squirrel. I never understood what he wanted me to do with them but it sure creeped me out. I was always afraid after awhile he would run in the door with something so i had to start checking his mouth each time I let him in.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved