MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/25/2011 06:55 PM

Tendons in palm of hands(page 2)

dianne1089

The apparent diagnosis is: NODULAR STENOSING TENDINOSIS AT 4TH FLEXOR TENDON AND CALCIFICATION

Not sure what all that means, but I have a friend that had this and the tendons exploded and caused surgery and many other complications. I am not currently in contact with her, but will try to get more info. If it weren't for her I would have not paid much attention. Pain and swelling is pain and swelling. My Dr. wanted me to a hand surgeon today, but golf is important. I go on Tues and will find out if a Biox shot will work or if surgery is necessary. I cannot fathom dealing with either of them, but will let you know.

03/25/2011 07:47 PM
dianne1089

The diagnosis is: NODULAR STENOSING TENDINOSIS AT 4TH FLEXOR TENDON AND CALCIFICATION Not sure what all that means.I have a friend that had this and the tendons exploded and caused surgery If it weren't for her I would have not paid much attention. Pain and swelling is pain and swelling. My Dr. wanted me to a hand surgeon today, but golf is important. I go on Tues, will find out if a Botox shot will work, not sure where Botox comes into the pic, but whatever works. My boss got pissed because I might be out part of next week. This is our year end close. Later she told me that I have to do what I have to do. I was so hurt by her initial reaction that I couldn't even respond. You bet I gotta do what I gotta do, company or not. My hands depend - on it my life depends on it.

03/25/2011 08:29 PM
Cata
Cata  
Group Leader

Lets hope you wont need surgery. But if they say you do dont risk it. Tendon rupture in the fingers, as you say, is complicated and some times not easy to fix and return function. My right hand has tendonds rubbing against a bit of calcified spiky bone, that could be like a file to the tendons. My docs have recommended to stay very alert for any symptom, and that if they develop i need surgrry ASAP to prevent rupture. Actually they wanted me to have preventive surgery and i was doing it except i didnt have enough recovery time before travelling abroad to study. Then i broke my femur bone, twice, and im still recovering from it, then i probably need surgery to remove the large plate in my thight, then recover from that, then give myself some rest from all of taht recovering, then the hand, unless tendonds disagree

03/26/2011 04:58 AM
gettingoldsucks
gettingoldsucks  

Let's hope you are at the stage that Botox will work. I am hearing more and more what these shots are being used for. Migraines as well. I intend to ask my Neuro about that. Migraines are in the head so maybe the shots will help and take care of wrinkles at the same time? Hey I can wish!

Good luck at your appt. I hope it goes as well as it can.

03/26/2011 06:43 AM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Dianne I hope that you're able to find a solution that works well for you. Those are difficult choices. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts.

03/26/2011 07:52 AM
dianne1089

The diagnosis is: NODULAR STENOSING TENDINOSIS AT 4TH FLEXOR TENDON AND CALCIFICATION, I find out on Tues if a Botox type shot in each hand will work or if I'll have to have surgery

03/26/2011 10:16 AM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Sorry about your dx....hope the shots work so you can avoid surgery. Keep us posted and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved