MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/28/2008 04:39 PM

Is it a Migraine?

gettingoldsucks
gettingoldsucks  

I have suffered from severe headaches for 30 years. I have been dx'd from migraines to cluster headaches. When I had my first bad flare 2 years ago the headaches were horrendous. Upon being dx'd with RA a couple months ago my doc said allergies can be much more severe in people with RA and a sinus/allergy headache would progress rapidly to a migraine to someone prone to them. He put me on antibiotcs and I started taking Zirtec every night. I can tell you it was definetly allergies causing all the headaches and I don't get them unless I forget the zirtec. I never would have guessed allergies were the cause as headaches were my only sympton. Maybe this little bit of info can help a few of you.

05/15/2012 04:53 PM
Inkjoy
InkjoyPosts: 4

That is amazing. I never would have connected that.

05/15/2012 05:38 PM
kym
kym  

That's interesting about RA and allergies. I have been seeing an EMT for the past few months for ear canal dermatitis and inflamation related to TMJ inflammation. I also asked him about my sinuses.. they are just chronic the past few years and I wanted to know if there was anything we could do about it. He told me I have allergies! I never before had them. And now that I think of it, they got troublesome three years ago, when the RA started. Regular nasal sprays don't help, but he gave me a histamine blocker that actually works.

I had cluster headaches in my 30's, Donna, my heart goes out to you.

05/15/2012 11:02 PM
AnnePichler

My son, who is now 20, suffered from migraines since he was 7 years old. I never had one and was rather surprised when he was diagnosed by his doctor and confirmed by a neurologist. He would get them frequently, horribly and with great intensity. Many things can cause a migraine, although I've yet to hear that allergies is one of them. Many mistake a very bad headache as a migraine. Migraines have a whole set of symptoms that often go with them.

I'm glad you were able to find some relief. I take Zirtec each night, as well, or I get nasty sinus headaches.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved