MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/24/2010 03:58 AM

Sorry I Have been Gone So Much

gettingoldsucks
gettingoldsucks  

I wasn't even able to read posts and keep up this time. All this messing around with computer repair and found out yesterday my internet/cable provider had set me up with a broken and obsolete modem, causing all my computer problems. It is fixed now. Yeah!

I am busy today with family and dinner at my home so I just want to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and wishes that you are all feeling great! A big Welcome to all new members that I haven't been able to meet yet.

My update would have been decent until yesterday (wouldn't you know it...on the day I need to start cooking....) first wrists went really painful and then right foot last night. It's so swelled and sore this morning..yikes....that ole' feeling like I'm walking on rocks again. Sitting here this Christmas Eve morning, after a bad night of sleep, having my coffee, praying the meds help today, and trying not to stress about how much I have to start doing in a couple hours.

I had an upstairs electrical wall fire last week...fire trucks and all. TG my son was up and heard it, then smelled it, and called 911. Fire chief said if not for that i would have lost the house. They got here in about 6 minutes. The only damage was about 8 feet of solid oak wall paneling, floor to ceiling, and all the wiring and breaker box. Wouldn't you know it though, it happened on the coldest night we had had yet, 4am and 15 below with the wind chill, and I'm rushing to get bundled up (no choice with the Raynauds) and get the dogs outside. It was so nasty cold and we were outside for 3 hours. Thank you Firemen everywhere. It could have been so much worse.

I am upbeat and am determined to have a great day today and tomorrow as I hope you all do too!!!!!

Talk to all in a couple days.

Hugs, Donna

12/26/2010 11:30 AM
cella
cella  

Hi Donna

Glad your doing alright after the fire, and not feeling well....

It seems what I have found that it seems that RA lurks in the background when we know we have to perform and get things done, and then Zap! it appears and changes our plans....

To me, it is frustrating and annoying....because we want to participate and pull our weight....but RA....is not mind over matter, its physically exhausting and painful....

I volunteered to help my daughter cook on Christmas EVE...and when I was in the middle of preparing food...ZAP!...RA..appeared..along with extreme pain in my pelvic area...

I kept laying down and then getting back up to continue to prepare food....

I was determined not to let this ruin my Christmas..

Don't laugh, but, I told my daughter to please pour me a glass of wine because it has antioxidants in it...

I drank it slowly and relaxed a while.....gradually the pelvic pain subsided, the RA was still there but manageable.....

Yes, I felt drained but, I was able to complete the meal with my daughter's help and then relax...Smile

In the end, we had a great evening.....thank God for the little things....

12/26/2010 03:43 PM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Donna, thank goodness that your fire wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been, and that you, your son, and animals are all safe and sound. That's an absolute holiday blessing!!

I'm sorry that your RA is acting up, but hoping that by the time you read this that you are feeling much better. Maybe the stress of the fire finally caught up with your body. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Cella, I am keeping you in my prayers as well, that you'll soon be feeling much less pain.

I hope everyone was able to find a blessing or two during the holidays.

12/26/2010 10:42 PM
scorpioj
scorpioj  
VIP Member

Donna,

So glad that you are safe along with your animals and only part of the house was burned out before the fire was under control. Homes can be fixed. Hugs and healing from the painful flare you are in, hope you get a break ASAP and are painfree.I hope you had a happy day on Christmas with lots of love, peace and blessings come to you this holiday season.

Take care- all the best,

Post edited by: scorpioj, at: 12/26/2010 10:43 PM

12/27/2010 10:20 AM
PauleR
PauleR  
Group Leader

Donna,

I'm happy that you were safe and that your son discovered the fire before it was too late. I hope you had a great Christmas and are feeling better.

12/27/2010 11:28 AM
gemini2
gemini2  

Hi Donna, So sorry you had all these problems. And the fire? WOW! So happy no one was hurt, and you all got out ok...whew, that's a blessing for sure. I hope you had a wonderful X-Mas, and that you're feeling better now...Take care. Smile

12/29/2010 06:05 AM
gettingoldsucks
gettingoldsucks  

Thank you all for even having me back. I have been gone from the site alot these past months just due to not having comp working. I am so glad it is finally fixed. Angry though that it was just an error on Comcast's end. I have spent a ton of $ in the last year thinking it was viruses. I have been pretty busy the last few days and have friends coming in fronm FLA today. I promise after today to catch up on everyone and join back in. I miss you all.

The fire damage is fixed and electricity is back on. They think it was old socket (old house) so I also had him replace all sockets thru whole house, 2 new smoke alarms, and purchased my first fire extinguisher. It was very scary. You see on the news all the winter fires and homes lost. We were really lucky and I am thankful.

Hugs, Donna

12/29/2010 07:38 AM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

Donna, did you actually expect us to banish you??!! lol NEVER! Sorry, once you're part of the family you can never leave.... ha ha ha

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved