MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/14/2010 12:34 AM

first remicade treatment this week hope it works!

nightengail
nightengail  

I have not been on line for quite some time as I have difficulty typing etc hurts the wrists. I started Remicade treatment this week and am really hoping that it works. At this point I am about ready to try anything to get my life back. I have put on so much weight because of the inactivity and prednisone I know it can not help the ankle/knee pain. Those who have tried this treatment please give me an idea how long it will take to kick in. Thanks and be pain free tonight, Nightengail

06/14/2010 01:00 PM
SandraR2002
SandraR2002  

Nightengail,

Hon, I sure do hope that it works for you... I understand about trying to get your life back... We are all doing that to an extent... We are here if you need us!

Sandy

06/14/2010 03:07 PM
bearlie
bearlie  
VIP Member

Hmmm, I'm thinking Cella has used that. If you go back thru some of the forums, i'm fairly sure that has been discussed. I would hunt but i'm fairly brain=fogged today.

please keep us posted.

06/17/2010 03:08 PM
cella
cella  

Hi Nightengale

I do hope the remicade works for you..

Unfortunately, my experience with remicade was not good.

It did make me sick, and after months of my doctor increasing the dosage to the maximum, he finally stopped it because it did not work for me. I am now on Orencia infusions....still waiting to see if this med will help me...

On a lighter note, when I did go for Remicade infusions, I would chat with the other patients getting remicade. Most that I spoke with said that Remicade was their miracle drug.

I do hope it works for you...you should know after a few infusions...I went through about 8 months of treatment and I still had pain, swelling, fatigue, and my sed rate and crp were still very high...

Well, thats my experience....and everyone responds differently.....

Good Luck..

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved