MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/23/2010 07:27 AM

so so so weak....

SandraR2002
SandraR2002  

It is NOT the pain that I have. When I get up in the a.m. during the day I have VERY little pain. I can take Ibuprophen to control the pain....

I am just so weak that I can barely walk!!!! Today I can barely walk....

But NO pain....

Is this RA???? This is what I've experienced all along.

I am still so frustrated. I go to an Imunologist in Feb...

Anyone else have weakness until they can barely functino but just from weakness????

01/23/2010 07:43 AM
cella
cella  

Sandra

I am so..so..sorry for what you are going through...

I will try to share what I feel from the RA...

Yes, it does make me weak, the fatigue for me is a big part of it...however, I too am having a hard time walking, the only difference is that it is the swelling on my feet, hands, knees that brings on the pain and fatigue.

You may want to discuss this with your doctor, weakness can be related to other issues, are you anemic?...and so many of these autoimmune diseases overlap in symptoms, and unfortunately, some of us have more then one autoimmune disease...

Please rest, and try to get some answers from your doc...if you can barely walk....that should be a big concern for your doctor....

Hugs....

01/23/2010 01:49 PM
Molly5
Molly5  

Sandra, Everyday.... every moment in my life is pain...Every joint......I can't hardly move.....I have to think about how to move...That is RA!!!!!!!!.....If I'm weak.... I would say it is because I need to exercise more to keep up my strength. The pain makes me not very excited about exercising! RA also makes me tired. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. It seems like your weakness is due to something else. I would get some other tests done. I hope your doctor appointment in February is sucessful!Wink

01/23/2010 04:48 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

My doc told me RA patients have "flu-like" symptoms along with the others such as pain, swelling, stiffness, overwhelming fatigue.

In fact, he asked me, recently, which symptom bothered me the most.

I told him it dependeded on which one I was experiencing.

Tonite, we have tickets to an intimate dinner and concert. We bought them a month ago. While I was having a good day.

Big mistake.

But all is not lost, Hubby will take Zach.

Why can't I go?

Because I am having overwhelming fatigue and flu-like symptoms.

I guess what bothers me the most (though not as much as in the beginning) is we can not make plans.

For the longest we lived spur of the moment then somewhere along the way we began trying to make plans.

For us this dosen't work so we decided (after tonite's letdown) to go back to spur of the moment.

Short notice but it works well for us.

RA is frustrating.

Hugs

01/23/2010 06:49 PM
bearlie
bearlie  
VIP Member

I think its normal. I felt pretty good today. I slept in this morning and had a light workout. Didn't keep the grandson (bless his heart he wears me out and that's with me having help). Tonight we met a couple of friends for dinner and now - i am grumpy tired, have a headache, heart is a little goofy, back is tightening up. I don't have the energy to go get me a drink.

We just keep going.

01/24/2010 03:03 AM
gettingoldsucks
gettingoldsucks  

I get both. The weakness and the joint flares. Not always together. My weakness, comes mostly from the MCTD. It really is a can't move a muscle thing. Arms, legs, whole body just feels like it weighs 1000 lbs, everywhere is tired and hurts. Zero energy, zero appetite, all I want to do is sleep. Whenever this happens my bloodtests and muscle enzymes have shot up since I've been seeing Rheumy. I was getting like this long before (bout 6 years) any joint pain showed up. Docs over the years, couldn't find anything, and would say exercise (I had been) and maybe it's depression. I KNEW something was wrong. Kept telling them I went from being active to this. This is not depression. I worked out in a gym 3 nights a week and at home and now i can't even lift my arms or walk 5 feet without needing to sit or nap (which was actually closer to just passing out from exhaustion). I know the difference. Activity makes me hurt more and more fatigued. Rheumy says now it is the MCTD.

Sandra, lots of things can cause it. Maybe it is the RA. I don't know since I also have MCTD but if you feel strongly it is not something simple, keep pushing for answers. If it is AI, then once you find a good med match it should help.

Hugs

01/24/2010 11:42 AM
kvnj
kvnj  
Group Leader

When my flare started, along with the excruciating pain, I had horrible weakness. Couldn't make it up the stairs. Couldn't go the grocery store for fear my legs wouldn't hold me up. Couldn't lift anything.

I did describe it like the worst flu I'd ever had in my life.

Get tested for everything known to man. Once you have an answer, start your treatment right away.

01/24/2010 06:55 PM
Kruzie
Kruzie  

I usually don't have weakness until after work. My weakness is from so much pain during the day that it causes me to not be able to stand up or walk without support. But I'm better on weekends when I get a chance to rest.

01/24/2010 08:13 PM
bearlie
bearlie  
VIP Member

I'm sorry. I just realized i didn't even finish my post before. I was trying to say i'd had an easy day and was still barely functioning. I guess i proved it with the post. I do so many things on autopilot (or not at all).

I seem to be having symptoms in waves. If i keep trying to take all the meds and vitamins, rest, regular stretching and light exercise i will have days when things are pretty good and then, for no apparent reason, it'll cycle back down like sliding down a slippery slope. It is soo hard to crawl back up and then slide back down but if i don't - my heart goes crazy. Does that sound like anyone else?

Anyway - i keep thinking it'll get better when the weather changes and the birds come back and the flowers start blooming and ya can get outside and soak up some sun. Not too much sun but enough to warm up the bones all the way thru.

01/25/2010 06:39 AM
Cyrusray

I have nothing to add to all this....except most of my huge pain

is all over my back...very painful, fatigueing, stressful, kind a

cross between puking or crying.....

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved