MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/23/2009 12:33 PM

Hobbies

Lazy1
Lazy1  

I thought that since we are actually getting members here now. This may be a good thread to discuss. What are your hobbies?

03/23/2009 01:02 PM
Lazy1
Lazy1  

One of my hobbies is gardening. This is my flower garden from last summer.

03/23/2009 03:30 PM
Cecelia

Great idea, and thanks for the photo Lazy1. I love to scrapbook. I hope to keep enough vision to always be able to enjoy this. I have 3 kids and lots of family, therefore, lots of photos that need to be put into a book. I could do it full time for a year and still not be caught up!!

Cecelia

03/23/2009 03:45 PM
Scrattyme
ScrattymePosts: 786

Hi Lazy1,

I still draw and sketch. Been too busy lately due to work, but it's something that helps me keep my sanity.LOL

My whole family has a green thumb but me. I can look at a plant and it wilts on me. My mom says that I love them too much.Smile

You have a beautiful garden. I love the outdoors and fishing with my husband is another hobby we have. Catch and release bass fishing.

Here's a photo of one of my favorite sketches.

I've also sold a picture to a published author for her books. It's a fairy that I created for her to use as her trademark.

Post edited by: Scrattyme, at: 03/23/2009 15:49

Post edited by: Scrattyme, at: 03/23/2009 15:52

03/23/2009 03:53 PM
Scrattyme
ScrattymePosts: 786

Ok, I'll try it again. I had to resize the image 3 times to get it to fit. Sorry about that.

03/23/2009 03:56 PM
Lazy1
Lazy1  

Yes, that was my favorite from your myspace page. You are very talented, Beth.

03/23/2009 04:41 PM
rmbeckman
rmbeckman  

Beth that is a wonderful drawing. You have a gift. I can't even draw stick people. My daughter can draw beautifully though Smile

My Hobbies for the most part all kind of tie together. I have been a family history researcher for 19 yrs. It lead me to another of my hobbies Web Page Design. I wanted to share my family history information and I hated the code bloat from the Web Page Makers so I taught myself how to hand code basic HTML pages abt 10 yrs ago. I have my own site that is so large it is hard to keep updated. I also enjoy attending school/learning. The college where I'm finishing up my AAS in Computer Science Networking Tech at also has one of the best Family history Library Research sections in the SouthEast USA.

I also enjoy gardening and have a few flowerbeds & an herb bed. I can grow most plants however I prefer perennials as they return each yr. I've never been able to grow Geraniums and I try to find the plants that I remember from my childhood. I also love most kinds of music--favs are 80s music, Smooth Jazz and top 40s. I enjoy watching HGTV and SciFi channel. I love to cook when I have the time

03/23/2009 07:47 PM
girth
girthPosts: 202

very nice drawing beth !! you are very artistic , but it jesus wearing a wife beater?? ahhhhh just kidding

how do you resize to fit pics on the site i dont know how?

thanks

03/23/2009 07:57 PM
girth
girthPosts: 202

i like hiking / mountain climbing heres a pic of me at the summit of mt kilimanjaro in tanzania late january.

Post edited by: girth, at: 03/23/2009 20:06

03/23/2009 09:04 PM
cdilj
cdilj  

OK, how do you do this?? I would be so afraid of missing a step and falling off the mountain! Kudos to you and everyone else that are climbing mountains, and snowboarding, and skateboarding etc!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved