MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/17/2010 10:12 PM

Where to buy supplements

mattwabbit

Hey, I'm new posting here but I have been reading the site for a while and enjoy all the helpful information. I was wondering where to find these goodies on the list that wiggy posted. Are they available at walgreens or somewhere local?

vitamin A palmitate @ 15,000 iu/day; Lutein @ 12 mg/day, and 2 3-ounce servings of omega-3 rich fish per week

10/18/2010 06:21 AM
Wiggy
Wiggy  
I'm an Advocate

Hi Matt- great to have you on board! Thanks for checking out the articles and wanting to get right onto the "good stuff"! This regimen will give you the best possible fighting chance at retaining what sight you have for the longest possible time. The sources of the vitamin A palmitate are listed in the "New Treatment Regimen" article at the end. Unfortunately this is not readily available at any pharmacy or health food place. Sure, you can get the other stuff, meaning the beta carotene form, but this is not what has been found to be of help. As well, the lutein sources are listed at the end of the Lutein study. Be advised that there is no 12 mg pill available; go with 2 6-mg pills. Other members of the group found that Puritan's Pride offers the best prices on the 6-mg gelcaps. You may be able to find lutein locally, but I don't know if the 6 mg pills will be on the shelf. The DHA (omega-3 rich fish) comes in the form of 1 or 2 small cans of tuna per week, or sardines or mackeral snacks.

Please feel free to post early and often, Private Message (PM) anybody you feel you connect with, keep asking questions, laugh when needed, and remember that this is your group- we're all here for eachther!

Wigz

10/18/2010 03:26 PM
Fight4Sight
Fight4Sight  

well, for years, I've bought my Vit A Pal 15000 at Freeda Vitamin

A-Palmitate-15 (1-800-777-3737). I sure there are other places but I've just stayed with these guys. And, yeah, I ordered my Lutein at Puritan's Pride.

Just my 2cents worth. And, Welcome to the group (or should I say, welcome to posting to the group sine you admitted to have been lurking for some time. lol)

sharon

11/29/2010 08:40 PM
mattwabbit

I have started taking the vitamin a palmitate. Is it still recommended for those starting vitamain a for the first time to also take DHA 600 mg twice a day for 2 years? Are 1200 mg fish oil tablets the source of this?

11/30/2010 04:07 AM
Wiggy
Wiggy  
I'm an Advocate

Hey Matt- all these details can be found in the Article "New Treatment Regimen..." It's easier to refer you to it (around page 2 of the article) than to try to remember all the quirks myself. Of course I just read it so I can direct you accurately, but do you think I'd actually remember what I read? Uhhh, yeah... about that...

11/30/2010 09:24 PM
mattwabbit

Ahh I was reading the wrong article! lol Thanks for the redirect, this one explains everything.

Post edited by: mattwabbit, at: 11/30/2010 09:24 PM

12/28/2010 09:03 AM
Fight4Sight
Fight4Sight  

hey Matt- noticed you posted another place on how you've been to docs and they're not finding anything -- not sure I'd do all the 'drugs' until you get some kind of diagnosis. Is there a place around you can get an ERG?

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved