MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/20/2011 12:39 AM

Just found a new study done with intravenous immun(page 2)

luckyduck

Hi Hezaha and Gail, I found this but it's not exactly a blood test.

Skip down to where it says How is it diagnosed at this site.

http://www.rsdcanada.org/parc/english/RSD-CRPS/whatis.html

How is it diagnosed?

RECENT DEVELOPMENTS: After many many years of not having a definitive test, there are new markers to test for CRPS. From Boston, we have a skin biopsy test with a 3mm sample which can detect distal nerve endings which are damaged. From Haifa, Israel, we have a saliva test for high levels of LDH (lactate dehydrogenase). There is also an albumin test.

Post edited by: luckyduck, at: 12/20/2011 12:41 AM

Post edited by: luckyduck, at: 12/20/2011 12:44 AM

Post edited by: luckyduck, at: 12/20/2011 12:45 AM

12/20/2011 07:33 AM
revvanbus
revvanbus  
VIP Member

This is a good general paper on the syndrome. The tests are also not available as far as I know in the USA. If I were going to a new doc who didn't know much about RSD/CRPS I might well want to take along a copy of this. I also might want to have a copy in my wallet in case I had to go to an ER that was not aware of the disease. Thanks for posting the link, Lucky, .

Rev

Post edited by: revvanbus, at: 12/20/2011 07:34 AM

12/20/2011 08:04 AM
rsdcrpsfire
rsdcrpsfire  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Lucky

Thank you posting this. It helps others understand that they need to certain criteria for diagnosis. I've read this before. And other info by IASP.

While it isn't ready yet there will soon be a regular blood test for RSD also. This comes from an extremely reliable source.

This is great information in what you shared, I hope others read it.

We are moving forward... a proper diagnosis is the best thing we can get.

I'm praying that soon enough there will either a cure or a treatment that manages us all.

Thank you again,

~Twinkle

12/20/2011 08:23 AM
mama1111

Hello Lucky,

Thank you for posting this is great I only wish that they caught it alot earlier. Lots of information, I copied it and I will keep it in my purse as well as added it to my favorites...Take care......Mama

12/20/2011 12:29 PM
maddiesgram
maddiesgram  

That was great, Lucky, and I agree that I appreciate you posting it. Seems like a good one page summary to point new patients to so that they can quickly get an over-all idea of RSD. Very informative and I've also added it to my favorites. Thanks!

I'm interested in the tests, also, and was wondering what you guys might know about whatever it was that Israel tests for... I can't remember what it was. Anyway, memory loss WAS listed as a problem! Do you guys know anything about this? Wondering again!

gail

12/20/2011 01:59 PM
revvanbus
revvanbus  
VIP Member

Hmmm, memory loss, seems like I've heard that before but right now I just can't recall(~;

Rev

10/04/2012 04:53 PM
erf1975

Just want everyone to know RSD CAN BE diagnosed with a biopsy. I was diagnosed just by appearance about18 years ago. Two years ago I was sent to Cleveland Clinic for various issues and they wanted to confirm RSD dx with a biopsy and it was confirmed. RSD is hell. I am 36 and have had it more than half my life. I have a spinal cord stimalator and pain patch and barely make it. However, I have a diagnosis and Dr's aren't guessing anymore. Dr's think I got it from an ankle injury (it's in my left lower leg and ankle) then early onset arthritis.

Post edited by: erf1975, at: 10/04/2012 04:59 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved