MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/04/2011 11:49 PM

heart burn

yoderj
yoderj  

Has anyone struggled with horrible heart burn from any of your medications? I am experiencing terrible heart burn at night to the point that I have to get up and actually sit up. I am only getting it at night so I am wondering if it is my meds. I have stopped eating like after 6 o'clock and I am still really struggling. I am taking neurontin, cymbalta, zyrtec and right now amoxicellin for a sinus infection at night before bed. If you have struggled with this what do you take that has helped? I have tried rolaids, Pepcid AC, and Pepto but cannot find relief. Help!!!Sick

04/05/2011 03:16 PM
maddiesgram
maddiesgram  

I have BAD heartburn unless I take my medication for it which is a prescription called Nexium. If you are like me you don't want to add daily meds any more to the list you already have to take, but heartburn can be very serious and ultimately dangerous, so it is something to take care of not just for comfort and sleep. Prilosec is over-the-counter and might help you, but did not help me. Nexium completely takes mine away, and it can be healing to damaged tissue as well. I know how miserable it can be, so hope you find what helps you the most! Take care.

gail

04/05/2011 03:26 PM
Fletch2ya
Fletch2ya  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

HI...I use to hve heartburn so bad.... was on Nexium and an a load of other meds until someone recommend that I go to a health food store and get Betaine Hydrochloride...

It is awesome stull... it helps with the heartburn and also, when I am really sick to my stomach....... gone....

Hope maybe this will help you...

Craig

04/05/2011 03:49 PM
Lazy1
Lazy1  

I also take a prescription as needed for heartburn. Thanks for the suggestion Craig, what dosage do you take and how often?

Post edited by: Lazy1, at: 04/05/2011 04:06 PM

02/03/2012 08:36 AM
Fletch2ya
Fletch2ya  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

HI...Nellie.... I know this might sound funny.... but it might not be heartburn as you have known it in the past.... AS a person gets older, our stomaches do not produce enough acid.... which can lead to about the same feeling as heartburn.... but it is the lack of acid in your stomach... this is very common amoung older folks..... And I don't mean you have to be in your 60's or 80's I can happen anytime... as you get older.... I have been talking something that is called" Betaaine Hydrochloride" made by the Standard Process Co. P O Box 904, Palmyra,WI 53156. Product #1515.

This stuff has done wonders for me..... Since I have started using it, I have NO, heartburn at all.... I do not take it everyday.... anymore.... But I did at first... now when I start to get a little uneasy feeling in my stomach... I take them for a couple of days, and then I am set for about a month or so...... And for Nausea I take

Natren Gastro-pH wafers... THEY are a miracl... for me.... I use to be sick to my stomach everyday.... since I have found these... I can really control it.... start to get sick, take two maybe 4 wafers... and wow.....gone.....Infor on the wafers..800-992-3323, or www.natren.com

Natren Inc

Westlake Village

CA. 91361

Give these a try.... you might be amazed.... The help they have given me... is awesome.... And no I do not sell these, or know anyone that does.... I in no way make any monies or anything off these products... They are just products that I have found in the past that have helped me out..... With Heartburn and nausea

02/03/2012 06:52 PM
kat308

I get heartburn from time to time and take Zegerid OTC for it. There is something in it that absorbs the acid. It works better than anything else I have tried.

02/05/2012 06:11 PM
Lazy1
Lazy1  

Craig, I found out that a lot of my heartburn came from drinking water. A friend suggested that water might be the cause. I tried a water filter and didn't have heartburn that night. It was a simple solution for most of my heartburn. There are certain foods that still give me heartburn and I use medication to treat that.

Post edited by: Lazy1, at: 02/05/2012 06:12 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved