MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/10/2009 07:02 PM

Heel pain

yoderj
yoderj  

Does anyone else who has RSD in their foot or leg have pain in the bottom or thier heel? I have a lot of pain all of a sudden in my heel when I walk. Now I have pain just below my toes and my heel. Walking is getting harder every day. Do you think it is the RSD or the way I am walking. How do you know???Sad

10/10/2009 07:09 PM
brattyone

yoder,

I am not really sure about it.. I think that its possible for the rsd to spread. Where was yours located to start? Mine started in my shoulder and is into my feet and legs (they think) anyway, I have been having issues with my heel too, and come to find out it was a heel spur.. however, I added those pads to my shoes, when i can get them on... Heck i sometimes even put them in my sandals and it feels so much better!!

Good luck!! I hope for some pain free time for you this weekend..

10/10/2009 07:50 PM
rsdcrpsfire
rsdcrpsfire  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi yoderj

I have heel spurs (just like bratty mentioned) and Plantar Faciitis. I was diagnosed with these before being diagnosed with CRPS in my right foot.

But now.. I also have those same 2 things on the left side and have for a few years. It was said to have come from compensating for the right side.

And you're right, how do we know for sure. Wish I could help better.

Well wishes,

~Twinkle

10/10/2009 09:22 PM
okieladybug09
okieladybug09Posts: 969

Hi Yoder... My RSD origionally started in my Left foot and has spread to both legs... Yes, I have pain in my heels and below my toes.... THey said the pain in my heel is caused from my achilies tendon shortening and my bones becoming brittle... The pain below my toes is because the break in my third metatarcil has never healed properly, also my bones are becoming brittle.. One thing my PM is always reminding me is that no 2 RSD patients are alike... I would request a bonescan and see what is going on...

Hang in there!!!!!

Okie~Noodles

10/11/2009 03:43 AM
newrsd

I also have heal pain sometimes but I am assuming it is RSD. My whole feet hurt so it is too hard to figure out what pain coming from what. If it feels like a different type of pain then what u normally have from RSD then go to ur dr and get it checked out. IT could also be the way you walk as many times (b4 mine spread)i used to hurt my left foot by putting most of my weight on it. Sorry cant really help.

10/11/2009 08:22 AM
vlg

I have the same problem with heal pain its like there is no skin just open sore. I´am sorry cant help,

10/11/2009 12:36 PM
revvanbus
revvanbus  
VIP Member

Mention it to your doctor. If he/she has no answers, you might ask for a referral to a podiatrist. It does sound like the course I have had and tightening of the tendons. I'm not a doctor and I suspect that's also why those who answered before my said they couldn't help. Keep you feet moving.

Welcome to the group Vig.

Rev. Maryanne

10/11/2009 04:58 PM
yoderj
yoderj  

Thank you all for your thougths. I am not sure myself what it is. My doctor thinks that I have brusitis in my hip and knees because I am having so much pain. When I looked that up last night it said you can also get brusitis in your heel. I guess I am back to my original question. How do you know if it is brusitis or RSD. You don't have to answer that again. I think I am answering it for myself. It is a vicious cycle that now one really knows, right???

02/14/2010 11:32 AM
Lazy1
Lazy1  

Hello...I have a similar issue. It has happened before, but is happening very frequently now.

While walking, I will feel a sudden, sharp pain in my heels (one or both). It feels like I just walked through glass. I have even stopped to look and see if I stepped on something. It feels like glass or splinters are in my heel, but nothing is there. Ideas? Thanks.

02/15/2010 06:27 AM
newrsd

That will happen to me too. Most of the time it is something small like a blade of grass or a stone which feels much worse but I have had times where there was nothing there.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved