MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/26/2012 10:29 PM

routine sympathetic nerve block turns....hellish(page 3)

cindy61
cindy61  

Rachel I am so glad that you are home and feeling better (not good) but at least better. I am also glad you have a new pain doctor lined up to go to. When I had the problem with my body going numb that doctor never called me either. I had to call my regular to figure out what to do. I will be praying for you that the new RSD pain doctor you go to helps you with your pain. You are too young to be going through this not that pain and problems attacked older people it is just harder to see someone young go through it.

Gentle hugs and prayers that you feel better!!

Cindy

04/29/2012 09:14 PM
snoopyemt

Hey guys, a quick update. I am home and TRYING to rest. But the cabin fever was setting in badly, and Saturday there was a little flea market at the local fire company that I used to work at so I convinced my mom to take me for a little while. I walked around for about 15 mins, then I had enough and went and laid down in the car while my mom waited in line for the BBQ. I then was dizzy enough that I had to come home and go right to bed. I am still struggling with this terrible nerve pain from the nerve he hit. It is frustrating because it is not relieved by anything, changing positions, laying down, meds etc. That is the tough part! I am also in an RSD flare and in so much pain in my legs. I just keep telling myself I see my new doctor in 9 days, I can hang in until then! I want nothing to do with my old doctor besides getting my medical records from him and my prescription refills to tide me over till I see the new doctor. I thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers through my "ordeal". It means a lot that I know everyone here is pulling for me.

04/29/2012 09:46 PM
maddiesgram
maddiesgram  

When I read the words "flea market" all I could think was "Oh no!" but at least you didn't get injured or anything even worse. I know that cabin fever feeling so well! I know you'll let us know when you see the new doctor what he says. I sure hope you like him. Until then, be careful!! Smile

Take care,

gail

04/29/2012 10:35 PM
cindy61
cindy61  

Hang in there Snoopyemt. I know 9 days seem like a lot but at least you found another doctor. I am in a lot of pain the last few days too. I hurt so bad and my meds. are not stopping or helping the pain. On top of that my son leaves for Afghanistan tomorrow. He is the team leader of his group and he can't even tell me his mission. Between the pain and my son I can't stop crying. I have not had pain like this in years and I feel like I am going out my mind. I will be seeing my doctor tomorrow but the pain of my son leaving will still be there.

I will be praying for you and that your new doctor is a good and kind doctor who can help you!!

Cindy

04/29/2012 11:38 PM
maddiesgram
maddiesgram  

Cindy,

I honestly can't say that I understand the pain of your son going to Afghanistan, but I did want to tell you that I'm thinking of you through this. I'm sure the physical pain is shooting through the roof due to your emotional pain. When my son was here at Christmas and was very mean to me, I cried for hours and the physical pain went through the roof. Hopefully you will be able to get that physical part to settle down soon. Do you have a support group near you of mom's of sons who are deployed? Maybe some kind of involvement with other moms would help some. Just like this group truly does understand our physical pain, perhaps they could give you support for the rest. I'm sorry that I don't have anything better than telling you that I care and will pray for your son and you.

Hugs,

gail

04/30/2012 12:05 AM
cindy61
cindy61  

Gail I live out in nowhere land right now. We had to sell our big house because I could not work and the hospital and doctor bills were through the roof. So we moved futher out near my husbands parents to a small one story house. We could not keep up with the cleaning and yard work of the other house any way. Plus a year and a half after we moved my husband's dad past away. So now we can help his mom too. I really felt God wanted us out here because he knew that we needed to be here for them.

I know a good part of my pain is from crying so hard because my son's job is so dangerous he can't talk about it. One of his friends from basic training was just killed yesterday and 3 from 82 Airborn that he is in were killed too.

Also the weather keeps changing too. My husband is going to take me to get a pain shot tomorrow which will help some. I am so embarassed because my hair is sooooo dirty but it hurts to much to wash it. I bought a cheap hat and I am going to wear it and say I am wearing it because of the rain. I know who cares if my hair is dirty!!!!

Many hugs to you Gail!!

Cindy

04/30/2012 11:48 AM
snoopyemt

Cindy I know the feeling about the hair, my mom had to help me wash my hair yesterday, with this spinal headache i don't have enough stamina to wash my whole body and my hair before i feel so dizzy and nauseous. So i washed my body while she did my hair. She is so sweet. Don't know what I'd do without my amazing mama and I try to tell her that often. I am in such a flair right now I am just laying here in tears. I talked to my doctor and he didn't even know I was in the hospital for almost a week. Unbelievable. When I answered the phone and I said he was on my "list" and he said hopefully not your to shoot list and boy did I have to hold my tounge. at least he didn't suggest any more injections. He upped my neurontin again, I told him I tried taking it 4 times a day and it makes me stupid and he said well I am laying in bed I mine as well lay in bed stupid. Nice huh. UGH! ALL I can say is 8 days till my new doctor! I am counting the days! If it means I have to figure out a way to pay for ketamine, I am gonna do it if it means I could go into remission. I said on Facebook today screw you rsd. Go wreak Havoc on someone else. I just want one day not in pain. Hope you guys are having pain free days.

Cindy, lifting you and your son up in prayer today. I know how difficult it was when my cousin went off, he has done 4 tours. Can I have his name so I can personally pray for him in my daily prayers? Lifting you up too.

05/01/2012 12:28 AM
maddiesgram
maddiesgram  

Cindy,

Just hang on and stay strong because you know that's what your son would want to hear that you're doing. About hair, have you guys ever tried the dry shampoos?? They work best on lighter hair, or at least some of them do, but I like how they take away some oil and help my hair feel/look/smeel nice. If you haven't tried one and hair will be an ongoing issue for you, then get some stuff to try them. Caution: Some are very expensive! So, look around for one of the more mainstream brands like TRESemme. There are other brands now, too, of dry shampoos that are reasonable.

You guys take care and have a great week,

gail

05/01/2012 08:48 AM
FlyGirl

Snoopyemt,

I will be praying for you. That is so awful. I had one of those holes in my spine once from a spinal tap after having a "Lightening Bolt" headache. My leg went numb and cold after the tap and they admitted to the hospital. The headache worsened so that I too could not sit up, and was violently ill. The doctor sent me home the next day, because he assumed it was the same headache. The nurses begged him not to release me. Long story short I ended up getting a blood patch the next day by a miracle name mix-up. It was the worse pain of my life, and I have had a lot of different pains. I am so sorry for you having to go through this. I will pray for wisdom for the doctors and for quick healing. I hope you are doing better.

05/02/2012 11:23 PM
cindy61
cindy61  

Rachel my son's name is Justin and I appreciate any prayers for him. I got my pain shot but when the pain is this high it does not take the pain level down much, plus it keeps raining.

Gail I have used dry shampoos for a couple of years. The one I like best was a powder because it took the oil out more. Then I read the ingredients and realized it was basically baby powder, then I was watching TV late at night and the were talking about dry shampoos but that a small amount of baby powder would work the same. So I started using that and I like it best, but by a smaller bottle so too much at a time does not come out.

Cindy

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved