MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/21/2011 10:58 PM

RSD and Hair Loss

Jazzy90Gurl

Hey I was wondering have any of you experienced moderate to severe hair loss? I'm wondering because since I've gotten RSD my hair has been falling out and now it's to the point where I have hardly any hair left on the top of my head. I know RSD affects blood flow and without proper blood flow the hair can't grow properly. Any comments or suggestions?

10/22/2011 07:31 AM
rsdcrpsfire
rsdcrpsfire  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Morning Jazzy

Welcome to our Group. Happy to have you here. If interested we have 100's of topic threads in our archives which may be of interest to you also. Please feel free to bring up old topics at any time since those topics will already have answers and thoughts on any given topic by members.

In regards to your question-

Yes I have had a great deal of hair loss. My hair also grows quickly, but is very thin. I haven't had any balding spots, though. Just a great deal of thinning as a result of hair loss.

Hair and nail changes are a symptom of RSD/CRPS. B vitamins can help with this.

Well wishes,

~Twinkle

10/22/2011 07:48 AM
mike1024
mike1024  
VIP Member

My hair loss occured on my arm which was where my RSD started then on both legs after it spread.My Granddaughter tells me now you don't have to shave your legs Papa.

10/22/2011 08:31 AM
rsdcrpsfire
rsdcrpsfire  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Mine's a little opposite Mike. I was a girl then woman other females envied. I never had hair on my legs. Didn't have to shave and all that.

But then I was horrified a couple of years into my CRPS when I found a few hairs on my leg.

It's still not much, but I do have to shave every few months. What's there is hardly noticeable, but so very noticeable to me.

I have not a single hair on my arms and at one time had baby fuzz type hair, very light that others couldn't even see really, but now nothing.

Wishing you a great day,

~Twinkle

10/22/2011 10:49 AM
pjs
pjs  

I have not noticed hair loss on my head. Just recently I have realized I am getting more hair on my arms.

10/23/2011 03:57 AM
Desertbreeze
Desertbreeze  

My hair has been growing very fast. But, I have had moderate hairloss and I thought it was maybe from medication or even hormones. I've heard you can also get it from thyroid problem. I also have uncontrollable hair on my arms (now) and have to wax them its so bad. I would try the B vitamins and eat alot of jello. I've heard jello promotes hair growth. Welcome to our group.

Desert

11/02/2011 07:29 AM
jdv28
jdv28  

I was just getting ready to start a thread about this. Being new here there is SO much to click on and read ~ by the time my eyes are tired from reading, I forgot what my reason was for getting on here, or what comment or question I was preparing to type.

Having this for 22 years now, I have been losing the hair on my head in clumps when I shower for three yrs now. I have NO idea how I'm NOT bald yet. I fell at WalMart in '08 and broke my left RSD foot. My met`ta`tar`sels...the bones in the arch of your foot. And I have HIGH arches. Since the added stress of going to court over this w/ not just the injury, so much has happened to me and my body as a result as this new injury to my bad leg. WalMart is like..."come on, it's just a broken foot"

Since then hair just comes out. Anyone in here know of something to take, or special shampoo that's not expensive that'll help with regrowth?

Thank you for your time in responding...jilly

11/02/2011 08:56 PM
luckyduck

Hi Jazzy,

I recall loosing tons of hair for a while but now it's normal on my head but my arm hair grows really fast. I tried different products, none worked. My hair dresser told me to get a boars hair brush and brush my hair every night for a while. Maybe it did help even though I quit using that brush.

11/04/2011 02:44 AM
Mrsmike
MrsmikePosts: 153

I am having the exact opposite reaction. I have always had very fine, thin hair. Now my hair is very thick and alot of it. I don't know if it is from the RSD or the fact that I stopped dyeing it about 6-8 months ago. It was not holding the dye and I would have to do it every 2 weeks. I am completely silver now (I am only 56 yrs old) but for some strange reason I like it better than any other color I have ever been in my whole life.

Hugs, Mrsmike

11/04/2011 03:26 AM
maddiesgram
maddiesgram  

Hey Mrsmike,

I think that's cool that you stopped dyeing your hair and you love it! Cool! My friend who was LONG ago my made-of-honor got prematurely gray in her late 20's. She has short white hair now (and has for YEARS) and it looks wonderful on her. What a fun thing to find out.

gail

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved