MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/30/2011 07:05 PM

sudeck's atrophy

nana68

I have been in on and off pain for a year now since I had respiratory failure and was immobile for a long time,paralyzed by coma meds.I have been to a neurologist who said everything was good with the emg's but that was in march.I went to a rheumatologist who said everything went well with the blood tests for inflamation and autoimmune she even did a dna test.I asked my primary care doctor if I could possibly have rsd and he said no because he didn't see swelling.Today I got the xray results back from the podiatrist and he wants another emg,ncv test done and he put down checking for sudeck's atrophy and tarsal tunnel the first being because he saw osteoporosis in one foot more than the other and one leg is three quarters of an inch shorter. I have pain everywhere,plus ridged nails,one nail has calcium spots.My hair was coming out alot,has since stopped. I don't know what to believe.I am also scared because I don't know if this can possibly cause you to die or not and if I do have it it has been going on for awhile now. Can sudeck's atrophy be mistaken for something else?

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved