MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/18/2011 02:04 PM

RSD and RND

Les8208

I was diagnosed with Reflexive Neurovascular Dystrophy when I was about 13 and a half. The doctor told me that medicine would'nt help and that only intense physical therapy would help me control the pain. I think her exact words where "I could give you vicodin and it would'nt make a difference"

But latley I have been seeing another doctor you know to get a second opinion and he said "RND? whats that? I know of RSD. But I dont think you have either." I asked well then what do I have? "I don't know". This conversation happened early last year. Recently I dont know what to think. Can someone help me understad wether RND & RSD are different or the same?Blink

05/19/2011 10:05 PM
PetreaPain
PetreaPain  

RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) is the same thing to RND (eather Regonal Neurological Disorder OR Reflex Neurological Disorder (cant remember which), and there is also CRPS (Complex regional pain syndrome) is all the same thing. (and it all SUCKS!!!)

This was posted on another form by another member***

05/20/2011 08:25 AM
rsdcrpsfire
rsdcrpsfire  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Morning Les

They have many of the same characteristics and symptoms, yet also have some differences. RND is usually diagnosed in children. However, RSD and RND are quite similar in several ways.

For further information, http://www.rsds.org/pdfsall/AMP_RNDparentHandout.pdf

In this article we can see how similar the 2 are.

I wish you well Les and welcome to our group. ~smiles

Warm wishes,

~Twinkle

05/21/2011 04:42 PM
Les8208

Thank you so much for the info. i will be going to that site.. another question is it possible (well it is) for it to go away yet still have the pain every once in a while, but have another doctor say i never had RND?

05/22/2011 02:58 PM
rsdcrpsfire
rsdcrpsfire  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Afternoon Les

Actually yes it's possible. Even with RSD there are times the pain subsides then springs or flares back up. These illnesses can go into remission states and show their ugly heads again in the future.

I think for you I would get yet another opinion. There have been many people who have experienced full blown painful RSD, even RND, who went into remission for years. It can lay dormant.

Being diagnosed at 13 to be told later you never had it doesn't set well with me, but it does happen. It could be that this doc who told you you never had it never seen you with it and sooooo... doesn't believe it's there.

I wish you the very best

~Twinkle

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved