MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/21/2010 08:39 PM

Eyesight?

geekGirl
geekGirl  

Hi Everyone-

I have had some really bad problems with my eyes lately. I read online that RSD can affect the optic nerves. I have otherwise healthy eyes, but I've been having this weird shaking around and up and down vision stuff, and one day I woke up and couldn't see out of my right eye for a few hours.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

08/22/2010 09:54 AM
Lazy1
Lazy1  

Geekgirl,

Here's a link to a post that discussed vision. You might find some useful info.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/reflex-sympathetic- dystrophy-discussions/general-support/1437822-rsdcrps-eye- sight-digestion

08/24/2010 06:14 PM
geekGirl
geekGirl  

Hi Lazy1-

Thanks for the link. I read through the posts, but it seems the topic focused more on digestion issues related to meds than vision.

I guess I will just take the info that's there, even though it's really limited in regard to vision.

Angela

08/24/2010 06:55 PM
Lazy1
Lazy1  

I realized the same thing as I read that post. Vision does seem to be a concern to many here. Hopefully someone will have something new to add to this post.

I was visually impaired before my RSD developed. I'm not sure what RSD will do to my vision now.

08/26/2010 12:20 PM
Fletch2ya
Fletch2ya  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

HI...... I guess eye sight is a major thing to me...... I am sorry that I have not been on in the last few days to answer this post...... RSD can effect everthing in your body...... I have problems with my eyes, and the only answer I get from doctors is....ITS THE RSD........ I have problems with being able to focus, clouded vision..... and a number of other little things... but if you have RSD, I would be concerned.....especially if you are in the latter stages....... I am in stage 4.......

Craig

08/26/2010 09:24 PM
Lazy1
Lazy1  

Craig, It was such a shock when I first read a post that RSD affects vision. My eye dr. retired and I never thought to bring up RSD to him. Now, I have to see a new dr. I should be seeing her next month. I hope that she can help me with this.

With my vision disorder, I have trouble focusing in the morning and when my eyes are tired. I also have floaters which causes cloudy vision. I have noticed an increase in all of these problems, but blamed it on the RP (eye disorder). Now, I'm wondering if the RSD is affecting me too.

08/29/2010 08:24 PM
geekGirl
geekGirl  

Hi Craig-

Thanks for your post. I have an appointment with a neurologist next week and am going to bring this up. I also have some strange skin blisters that won't go away that needs to be addressed.

My RSD is advanced in that I have atrophy, but I feel that when I do things to strengthen my body that the RSD moves around. For instance, when I started a regular exercise routine (or as regular as I can do) that it started getting really bad in the fight or flight part of my brain.

I have to say, I would much rather have rsd in my body than in my brain. The brain stuff is what makes me crazy (literally), and it's the only time I really question my ability to live through this crap. The panic attacks I have had over the last year are worse torture than anything I've experienced or ever want to.

My eyesight is just really bad now, and I notice that my eyes are more sensitive to drastic changes (ie., being in a dark space and seeing a bright light). This disruption causes changes in my mood. Sometimes I wake up and can't see out of one eye, and I always feel like I can't quite focus. I also get the floaters, but they don't obstruct my vision too much.

Anyway, thanks for your input everyone. I will let you know what the doc says.

Angela

09/01/2010 07:05 AM
Lookinglass

Angela ~ Meds will mess with your vision as well. I know that neurontin(gabapentin) has vision side effects. High BP can lead to like mini strokes in the tiny blood vessels in your eyes too. They only effect parts of your vision til that vessel heals. Hope you get it figured out soon. Let us know and good luck!

09/01/2010 07:57 AM
Fletch2ya
Fletch2ya  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

HI...all....I totally agree with Looking...... MEDS can do alot to mess up your eye sight...... IF you are having problems....LOOK into that first....... BUT please talk to your doctor about your problems....... and research your meds and see if there is a history of them causing eye problems and exactly what they are.........

Craig

09/01/2010 05:35 PM
geekGirl
geekGirl  

Hi Everyone-

The meds I take are Clonopin and MMj, but I have not taken either when experiencing these problems. They have also happened over the last six-nine months, during which time I have been under tremendous and unusual amounts of stress. I've had a lot of other problems with my RSD during this time as well.

My body is not able to digest stress in a reasonable or functional way (w/o intervention). As my conditions worsens I find it necessary to figure out new ways of dealing with the insane symptoms of RSD.

Angela Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved