MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/03/2012 05:26 PM

Official - Going in for Ketamine 5 day treatment

jpcrps
jpcrps  
I'm an Advocate

I just received a call from the hospital confirming my admission tomorrow morning for in patient Ketamine treatment (5 day protocol). I will be in the ICU for the 1st 24 hours and then moved to Telemetry if all goes well.

I hope that I tolerate the treatment well and that it provides some relief, if not a remission.

Thank you to all on this board who have supported me along the way, and helped me to learn about this condition, and the treatments that are available.

I will have my laptop, but do not know if I will be in any condition to use it.

My love to all ~ wish me good luck!

Aloha,

Jenny

--- The discussion has been locked ---

12/03/2012 05:28 PM
Kim4105
Kim4105  

Good luck Jenny, keep us posted when you can on how ur doing!

Hugs

12/03/2012 05:52 PM
DISORDER

Good luck Jenny please let us know how you do.

Ashley

12/04/2012 06:42 AM
Barcon

Good Luck Jenny!

12/04/2012 08:29 AM
thiamarie
thiamarie  

Dear Jenny:

Just got back last night from my Big Island trip and was thinking..."when is Jenny going in for Ketamine?" Well, now that I know, I'm both happy and anxious for you at the same time. Just wanted you to know that my prayers are going out to you for the very best care possible.

Will someone be there with you after recovery?

Hugs and Positive Thoughts, Thiamarie

12/04/2012 09:24 AM
Fletch2ya
Fletch2ya  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

HI... Jenny...I hope the best for you...And hope this gives you tons of relief....

Your in my thoughts and prayers....

Craig

12/04/2012 01:16 PM
snoopyemt

Jenny,

I am so happy you are finally getting your Ketamine! I don't think you will be up to using your laptop, so I won't be expecting to hear from you until a few days after your treatment. (a little concerning that they would let you use it during treatment anyway, you are suposed to be as relaxed and possible and they don't allow electronics here.)

I really hope that you can be as relaxed as possible and let the Ketamine work. I know this has been a long time coming for you. Please take as much times as you need to recover, and the K is really hard on our bodies. I always need a few days to just sleep and recover afterwards.

I really hope that they will keep you in the ICU. Inpatient high dose(it isn't that high of a dose per hour but it is continuous that is why it is high dose) needs constant monitoring and I never heard of it being done in telemetry, but I know that since this is the first time the hospital is doing this they might not know all the protocols. Good luck and I can't wait to hear from you when you are done!

12/04/2012 05:59 PM
Pannfrank

Hi Jenny, that's great news. Congratulations. I'm so happy that you got approved and are going in tomorrow. Gee, we won't hear from you for a while. Keep us posted as soon as you possibly can. Good luck and God Bless you on your journey.

Love, Peggy

12/04/2012 11:43 PM
DarkPain
DarkPain  

still praying for you and that all goes well. Take care and you will be missed. Get back as soon as you can. We look forward to a great report!!

Charles

Post edited by: DarkPain, at: 12/04/2012 11:44 PM

12/06/2012 11:46 PM
jpcrps
jpcrps  
I'm an Advocate

OMG! Just look at all those messages! I promised not to post , and only to surf, but I can't help but say that my PMP has GONE TO THE MAT for all of US in HAWAII who are dealing with crps and I will sing for her or wave a banner or go on tv to tell all the world about the care she brings to her patients. I am halfway through a 5 day 30 mg/hr tx (this is really hard to type) and I hope to go home a new person. Thank you Dr. KS!!!!

I hope this opens up more treatments for others in hawaii.

Mahalo to ALL the staff at the Q Medical Center CPU where they have locked me up and taken good care of me.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved