MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/24/2013 02:17 PM

PeaPure – Palmitoylethanolamide for Nerve Pain

harbourh

Hi all,

Has anyone heard of this supplement or maybe tried it?

Developed in Europe (Netherlands in particular)I heard about it through an MD in Australia.

I have ordered some and will report success or otherwise in due time.

It is not wildly expensive and appears to be non-toxic.

Mag.

07/24/2013 02:41 PM
jpcrps
jpcrps  
I'm an Advocate

I am into natural foods, which are wonderful medicine. Our medicines are usually derived from natural sources after all! I always tell my PM what supplements I am taking in case there are contra-indications.

Do you have a web link for this product? I'd love to learn more about it.

Here is something I recently learned about cilantro!

Cilantro flushes mercury from the body.

High mercury levels stress the heart and other important organs. 1 fistful of ORGANIC CILANTRO a day for 10 days straight will flush your body of serious heavy metals that are nearly impossible to avoid in this generation. There is a compound in cilantro that mercury (and other heavy metals) binds to and then gets released through the urine as a natural chelation technique. The body cannot function properly w/ heavy metal accumulation and this is the cheapest way to solve it and release them from your body! Cilantro is your ally!

Learn about growing and using cilantro: http://is.gd/AmwCaB

Aloha,

Jenny

07/24/2013 03:42 PM
pamelarsd

THis keeps popping up in the different groups I"m in. I'm thinking of ordering to give it a try........ How much did it cost?

07/24/2013 04:16 PM
2live4me
2live4me  
I'm an Advocate

www.rs4.supplements.com and there is a pharmacy in the U.S. in San Diego,CA that carries this product. That is where I ordered mine. Need to take it longer to tell you how well it works. Very good responses from other RSD suffers that I am aware that are taking this product. It is found in the human body and has glial cell calming properties. Cost was $32. Per 30 capsules but if it works for me that will be good.

Post edited by: 2live4me, at: 07/24/2013 04:18 PM

07/24/2013 04:20 PM
cfthb
cfthb  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) is a derivative of an endogenous (made by the body) fatty acid. It's unusual in that it binds to a receptor in the cell's nucleus, where it exerts a number of biological effects, especially on pain and inflammation.

PEA has affinity for some cannabinoid receptors, but not the main ones (CB1 & CB2). Its biological actions include neuroprotective, anticonvulsant, antiinflammatory, anti-allodynia, and anti-nociceptive (pain-deadening) effects.

PEA's mode of action is complex, involving the inhibition of mast cell formation. Clinical trials have shown its safety and efficacy against a number of illnesses.

Here's an 11 page review, published last year, of the trials PEA has undergone. The table listing the diseases or conditions against which it's been tested is over two pages long:

http://www.thblack.com/links/RSD/ OpenPainJ2012_5_12_RoledOfPEAinPainControl-11p.pdf

Hope this helps!

Howard

07/24/2013 04:22 PM
2live4me
2live4me  
I'm an Advocate

Thanks Howard if I would have just waited I knew some one would of posted a more technical answer. Your the best.

07/24/2013 05:47 PM
jpcrps
jpcrps  
I'm an Advocate

Wow. Thanks Howard!

J

07/25/2013 04:19 AM
harbourh

I just knew Howard would have some information.

I saw enough myself to be willing to try it.

I ordered mine from the pharmacy in San Diego but I have found a source of bulk powder.

If it is any help at all I might go that route eventually.

Good luck everyone.

Thanks for the replies,

Mag.

07/25/2013 05:13 PM
freddysmom

Have seen this thrown around on another support group. It does seem to help some and not others... same old story. Please keep us updated those who are taking it...thanks!!!!

07/25/2013 07:37 PM
maddiesgram
maddiesgram  

I'm desperate. Can't afford ketamine even if I did have a doctor who would do the infusions. PLEASE do let us know if this helps! Thanks so much,

gail

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved