MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/29/2009 11:14 PM

My fingers and feet are ice cold...

UpFromTheAshes

When my hands and feet get cold, my pain increases and my fingers turn purple and blue. They sometimes cramp. I've been wearing my winter gloves as well as my thick winter socks but nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions?

04/30/2009 05:14 AM
Barbkubacki

Does anyone else have summer raynauds. This week it was 90 here and you couldn't find my ankles and the color on the sides it was red, purple. Both my feet were so swollen that I couldn't even wear a pair of my shoes. None even fit. It was very painful. My husband wants me to be checked for edema. That will be for the next time I go to the doctors.

04/30/2009 07:11 AM
gettingoldsucks
gettingoldsucks  

Up from, it sounds like it could be raynauds. Tell tour doc your symptons. If it is, it is just something you have to live with though. Not really a test or a treatment for it.

Barb, i always have swelling so i can't tell. The days it was 80 here though sure made my body and joints hurt. The Ray didn't trigger painfully like it does in the cold but still had lot of numbing. My hands and feet are really red in the heat.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved