MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/13/2011 08:16 PM

The Men's March to End Rape, Sexual Assault, and -

hiall
hiall  
VIP Member

Walk a Mile in Her Shoes 2011: The Men's March to End Rape, Sexual Assault, and Gender Violence 9/10/2011 Beaverton, Oregon.

Its time again for me to get my HIGH HEEL SHOES out of the closet and march 1 mile to raise money to help survivors of sexual assault and gender violence. This will be the third year in a row Smile.

So please, all my friends and new friends, if you want to help me help other survivors, please donate a small amount of money ($5) for this good cause at my donation page (link below).

I really enjoy doing this. Im out there with 100 other guys in high heels marching down the busy streets of Beaverton Oregon shouting END SEXUAL VIOLENCE NOW... and RESPECT WOMEN, and holding signs that say END RAPE NOW..

Please forward my link to my donation page to friends and family that might want to make a donation too!

Thanks Smile

here is the link to my donation page:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/hiall/ walkamileinhershoes2011themensmarchtoendrapesexual

About the EVENT and SARC (Sexual Assault Resource Center):

ABOUT THIS EVENT: This fun community event will benefit SARC's programs to support survivors of sexual assault including support groups, mental health counseling, advocacy, community education, and prevention. Men from all walks of life will put on high heel shoes and march one mile with women, children and families in a show of solidarity and commitment to ending sexual violence. Each high heeled marcher will be sponsored through community donations. More information on the walk is available at www.sarcwalkamile.org.

ABOUT SARC: SARC is a private, non-profit organization governed by a community board of directors. Over 70 volunteers operate the 24-hour crisis line and provide countless hours of services to those in need. This year SARC expects to provide support services for over 3500 local women and men who are surviving the trauma of sexual assault. SARC will also educate local students in a nine-week program to prevent sexual violence in their communities. SARC depends on local support to make these services available to the community.

Date Saturday, September 10, 2011

Location Beaverton , Oregon

Post edited by: hiall, at: 05/14/2011 04:58 PM

08/09/2011 09:06 PM
Reno45

Do they do this other places? I live pretty far away from Oregon.

08/09/2011 09:17 PM
hiall
hiall  
VIP Member

YES! and welcome to the group.

Here is a link to information: http://www.walkamileinhershoes.org/

Come walk with me if you can make it to Oregon September 10th.

08/09/2011 10:29 PM
Reno45

I dont think I can make that happen, but thanks for the link! I found an event near my area that I am going to try and attend.

09/06/2011 06:18 PM
hiall
hiall  
VIP Member

Just a reminder, the Walk A Mile In Her Shoes is this Saturday if anyone else wants to make a donation on my fundraiser page. Thanks for everyone's support!

Here is a link to my fundraiser page:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/hiall/ walkamileinhershoes2011themensmarchtoendrapesexual

09/10/2011 08:51 AM
Arauna

Hiall, I love each and every man who marches for us. How wonderful, in a world where there seem to be more abusers than good guys, that you and your fellow marchers are doing this to raise awareness. It's as if we have an army of strong protectors we can hide behind if we need to (figuratively of course) and it is comforting to know that there are men who really care enough to do something about it. Love the shoes!

09/10/2011 12:29 PM
hiall
hiall  
VIP Member

Thanks Arauna Smile The march was a lot of fun! Thanks for everyone's support.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved