MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/01/2011 12:14 PM

dont know what to say!!

brokenbutterfly81
brokenbutterfly81  

my doctor has referred me for counselling and she said i have to talk about everything including the rapes and attempted rape. thing is, iv never really spoke about any of it before, not properly, im scared to think about it all. how do i start, what do i say?

can anyone help please?

02/01/2011 12:36 PM
lovespeonies
lovespeonies  
VIP Member

Well if you feel comfortable you can post your story here. You don't have to go into too much detail just share what you feel comfortable sharing. You could explain the situation and how you felt or you could just write about how you feel now. If you would rather do it privately you can PM anytime.

02/01/2011 04:39 PM
hiall
hiall  
VIP Member

Hello brokenbutterfly81, if you dont feel like talking to counselor yet then don't. You shouldn't if your not ready too. You dont have to say anything here either until your ready. But ya, Lovepeonies has some good advice. Just talk when your ready to and take your time. You have lots of support here. You can also PM me too if you want to talk.

Hiall

02/02/2011 01:39 AM
brokenbutterfly81
brokenbutterfly81  

thank you hiall. i have spoken to loveponies in pm's i have so much i need to talk about and dont know where to start, i get a lot of things mixed up, my memory of things is a bit weird, like there's holes in the middle that i just cant remember.

02/02/2011 02:51 PM
kcchiefette
kcchiefette  

You don't have to tell everything to a counselor.. just what you feel comfortable talking about. I personally didn't like counselling, as I didn't want to open up to a stranger, who knew no idea about who I was or my personality or how I react from day to day. I found it a lot easier seeking advice and comfort from my family and friends. Everybody is different though. Here, you can open up to a number of different people who have been in similar situations such as yourself. You'll find that we are honest, understanding and comforting here to everybody. We are all here to listen. Never hesistate to PM me if you need to talk Smile

02/02/2011 03:44 PM
hiall
hiall  
VIP Member

Thats really good butterfly81, just take your time Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved