MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/27/2008 09:55 PM

things that make me feel good

hiall
hiall  
VIP Member

just sharing what makes me feel good. Maybe there is something you can do to make your life better.

General Health

Some of us get caught in cycles and there life just stays in one direction. Sometimes it isnt healthy. I used to drink and do drugs when i was younger. I remember at the time i wasnt healthy and how i wanted to be. So I changed, i quit drinking and the drugs. After about 8 years i was feeling pretty good. My mind and body were feeling great. But it wasn't enough. I started exercising and playing sports. Im on a few teams at the local rec center in different sports. I LOVE it. When ever i start feeling stressed out I go jog at the track. I bet exercising will make alot of you feel better!

Anxiety

Seems alot of you have mentioned that you get anxiety from time to time. Well i have social phobia, a form of anxiety. Seems like i got it right after i quit drinking. It was hard for me to be around people, very hard. Im not going to explain social phobia, u can read up on it. Ill tell u how i made my anxiety better though, i forced my self to be around people no matter how hard it was, every day i would try and talk to people. I also take vitamin B complex everyday, this is great for anxiety. My social phobia is alot better now, i get it from time to time, i just keep doing the things im supposed to do to make it better.

Bad dreams

Alot of you have mentioned bad dreams. I have some experience with dreams. Iv read alot of books on dream control, lucid dreaming (awesome). But ill tell you how to get rid of the bad dreams that keep recurring from night to night. I learned that when you have bad dreams that you should fight against it, do everything in your power to fend of or destroy what it is thats trying to get you. I know that is hard but it works. Try and have positive thoughts through out the day and right before going to bed. Things you do and thoughts through out the day is what usualy forms your dreams.

ok just rambling, have a nice night everyone. be healthy!

forgot one thing, ICECREAM,,,, ahhh yes that makes me feel good to.

Post edited by: hiall, at: 08/27/2008 22:40

08/27/2008 10:17 PM
sisters4life

Glad to hear you have found things that work for you hiall

08/27/2008 10:24 PM
hiall
hiall  
VIP Member

thanks sisters4life,

i want us all to feel good.

08/28/2008 06:25 PM
Lilibit58
Lilibit58  

hiall, I do agree with a lot of what you said. I exercise (walk) daily and I do feel physically better since I started that. I used to exercise and when I stopped I gained weight. Didn't notice how badly I was actually feeling until I lost the weight by eating better and exercising. For me it hasn't really helped my emotional issues.

Do you think the drinking was covering up the social anxiety that was already there? Just a thought. For me I also have to force myself into social situations. it has never gotten easier, always a chore.

I'm glad you have found things that work for you.

Lori

08/28/2008 08:09 PM
hiall
hiall  
VIP Member

thanks Lori,

Someone has mentioned to me before that my SP may have been with me all along and then when i quit drinking it came alive. That might be right.

For me, feeling good from exercising is like a buffer from when problems come along. Feeling good about something before hand takes some of the edge off sometimes, or recover faster from depression.

have a good night Lori Smile I really enjoy what you have to say.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved