MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/13/2008 12:28 PM

Burning chest pain

Whtecloud
Whtecloud  

Hi my name is Linda and I'm 40 years old. I was recently diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension. I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer. Part of yesterday and most of today, I've been experiencing serious burning in upper chest on both sides, more so on the right side. Has anyone with pulmonary hypertension experienced this. What is it. Is it serious? I had quit smoking for 7 months but started up again about 4 weeks ago, a few a day due to some severe stress issues in my life.The burning pain is really bothering me right now. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Linda

01/22/2009 01:47 PM
cicero28374
cicero28374  
I'm an Advocate

Can't give you an answer. I am moderate to severe PH and have no chest pain to speak of. My lungs hurt when I exercise and I am on O2 24x7.

One thing: If you have PH and smoke you are asking for a severe problem. PH says your blood does not get enough O2 from your lungs and now you are reducing the amount of O2 in your lungs when you smoke. Bad news. Get some anti stress pills.

01/22/2009 04:12 PM
Whtecloud
Whtecloud  

Thanks for replying. The problem seems to have went away now that I started using my CPAP machine again. I know I still have to quit smoking again though. Don't know why I even started up again when I was doing so well. Just as soon as I move and get settled in at the end of the month I will quit. They have a program here where they give free patches and I 'm going to go on those again and hopefully never pick up a cigarette again. I've noticed the big impact it has had on me in just these few months I've been smoking again.

01/22/2009 04:55 PM
cicero28374
cicero28374  
I'm an Advocate

I stopped smoking in 1999 for the last time. It saved my life as I had to have a AAA in 2001 and then went on dialysis in 2006. Even having quit for that long none of the veins in my lower arms will work for dialysis. So I am using the left upper arm and am having problems with collapsing about 2 times per year. Re doing it is about 12K.

Get rid of them ASAP. Stop, don't quit and that is not so hard. Stopping means that there is an option to restart if you want to. Quit means no restart. Different pressures.Smile

02/07/2009 03:56 PM
invealna
invealnaPosts: 11

Hi Linda. I can't tell you what that pain is either, it's best you talk to your doctor. I once had acute chest pain and was taken to the ER thinking it was my heart but it turned out to be pleurisy, an air bubble caught between the pleura (membrane that coverd the lungs) and the external part of the lungs. In any case, you should really try to quit smoking if you have a lung disease. Love yourself. Always here for you. Pura Vida.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved