MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/18/2010 12:41 PM

Psoriasis

surfer66
surfer66Posts: 29

For the most part of my life, I have had Psoriasis, 53 years to be exact. I had my moods, extremely up when I was clear and very depressed when I was broken out.. who wouldn't...I was diagnosed with BP two years ago. Now, all of this psycho business started to make sense. So, what came first the mood or the psoriasis or the psoriasis then the mood. Does your brain chemistry become wired to you skin?

Curious.I'm clear now, takin 50 mg. of enbrel a week, but now I have basal cell cancer and vitiligo on my face and hands. I guess three is my lucky number.... The skin cancer is on my face and I am to get it cut out in September. this is after years and years of sun lamps, sun and PUVA.

01/05/2011 08:35 AM
mpmom
mpmom  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

surfer66,

Actually depression and autoimmune diseases are very common companions. So other problems may also be related.

Vitamin D is used to treat psoriasis, But just like everything else it doesn't work for every one.

The Embrell worked very well for me also.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved