MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/15/2011 06:13 PM

New to Prostatitis(page 4)

Saucer
SaucerPosts: 199
Group Leader

Hang in there. It took about 2 months before I began to notice a real difference with Bactrim. It was very gradual for me.

Saw Palmetto didn't help me at all.

Take your meds, drink cranberry juice, empty that bladder. It is a slow road.

Saucer

11/16/2011 05:28 AM
trout841
trout841  

That is what I am thinking Saucer, the battle is on, and I checked my ejaculation this morning and it seemed clearer.

The doctor tells me I need to keep ejaculating often. I think it might be better to giver "her a break." What are your thoughts?

11/16/2011 09:40 AM
Saucer
Group Leader

I'm not sure what to think. Follow the doc's advice would probably be best. Clear, white, or a yellowish tinge is best if I remember correctly.

11/25/2011 05:27 AM
trout841
trout841  

Saucer,

It appears my discoloration issue was short lived. Next day it was gone. I guess I won't know the cause, but maybe it was the asparagus I consumed. It freaked me out. It is gone, and has been gone.

I sort of gave an update on a thread for another member on my current condition. I am actually in a stage of improvement. As I have stated before, I am 27 years of age, and to this point it is "unusual" for me to wake up in the middle of the night, and at best I did it 2 times per month before my prostatitis set in. During this past week, I have not woken up before 430AM with a 10PM bed time, sometimes making it to my rising time, at 6AM. So I am very happy about this improvement. I actually had a few good days, but I lost control of myself on Thanksgiving, and kicked back 2 pepsis, 3 Sam Adams Winterfests, and kaboom, I have symptoms again today.

So I am not sure if the Bactrim I am on is the source of my relief (3 weeks in) or my cutting back on the alcohol/caffeine. Still trying to figure that out. I was consuming caffeine in slight moderation, and that wasn't causing a problem, so maybe it is the alcohol that got me. Too hard to tell since I made the mistake of breaking 2 dietary no-no's. Oh well.

The good news is that I got my first period of relief. This was good for my body, and even better for my mind. I now know that I can find a period of relief.

The urge to urinate still isn't there, which was the most terrifying thing of all. So I am in this for the long hall. I will stick around here to help others too. God this condition really is horrible, but its great to know that by sticking together, we can actually help each other out.

Saucer - God Bless, and I hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Kind people, like yourself deserve no less.

Sincerely - The Trout

11/25/2011 09:33 AM
Saucer
Group Leader

Thanks, Trout. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving weekend also.

Who knows for sure what caused your relief- just keep doing what ever you were doing. I can't swear that my relief came from just the Bactrim, or cutting back on coffee & carbonated drinks, or drinking cranberry juice or making sure my bladder was emptying or any other thing. All I know is that all or part of this "shotgun" approach worked and I recommend you keep with it for a while.

Saucer

11/26/2011 01:45 AM
zoon
zoon  

Trout..The fainting thing may be a side effect of the frugs. I had serious fainting spells when they gave me Rapaflow. I too sit now when i urinate. It helps alot. When I was in the hospital on saline I was urinated GREAT! so I now drink alot of water and cranpomegranite juice. That helps with the urine flow but not the pain. I too have alot of stress which Im sure isnt helping.

11/26/2011 01:55 AM
zoon
zoon  

I also noticed that excersize (aerobic) helps. Getting blood flow to all areas of your body is a good thing. I only drink one cup of coffee a day and I dont drink alcohol. My wife insists tea helps so I have been trying that and do notice a slight difference. Its 5am. I up because I ate too much chocolate ha ha. No prostate pain right now but stomach cramps from the chocolate. Its a great laxative. Too much food this weekend but much to be thankful for. Life is great on this end.

11/26/2011 06:40 AM
Saucer
Group Leader

Glad things are going your way Zoom. I will agree with you that exercise helps.

11/26/2011 08:37 AM
trout841
trout841  

Zoon, the fainting spells are over. I have complete control over myself. The worst thing was when I wiped out in the tub. I literally had the jitters at first. I read so many scary forums, and then forums on the internet where people just were writing they "couldn't get any better." Or they just stopped writing. I have vowed not to do this. I am here specifically to give chronological update for anyone else who may be suffering. Mine is an in process update. I was writing here very often, and Saucer was reviewing and aiding me through my darkest hours. (Kudos to Saucer for his compassion). Now I write here less frequently on my own condition because I have improved. Maybe its two steps forward, and one step back sometimes. Not always two steps forward on the road to recovery.

As far as cranberry juice goes, I reccomend the unsweetened business, i.e. the stuff that is very concentrated in 32oz. bottles, and then mix it with 3/4 juice, and 1/4 water. This takes the sharpness off of the juice, and makes it easy to drink. It has no sugar, which may help your condition.

As far as stress goes, try to find ways to take it easy. I know there are some things that are avoidable, and there are some things that are not. For example, you can't forget a loved one isn't going to die in a month. However, you can forget about work when you are not there (especially if its not your business). Try to separate stresses based on those which you can address at home, and those you cannot. This is the best way to reduce your stress.

Watch the chocolate, it has caffeine.

Just try to take it easy.

Perhaps you can try the following:

Saw Palmetto (160mg) 2x a day

Zinc (100mg) 2x a day

Querecetein (500mg) 2x a day

Aleve

Maybe these will help you. I am not sure.

There is no easy cure for this.

11/29/2011 04:25 AM
zoon
zoon  

I read the Johns Hopkins prostatitis pamphlet and learned a lot of prostatitis may be dietary. They do mention caffiene, dehydration, stress. They explain the different types of prostatitis (bacterial, etc...) and different antibiotic treatments. I believe, after all the testing I've been through, that the answer for me is diet and life style changes. I have to excercise more, drink more water. Tea has helped alot with the cramping and burning. It also has helped my urine flow. For some reason it works better then water. Anyway, I had a great few days. The pain is much much less and my last ejaculation felt great.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 4 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved